AART1600 Foundation Textiles and Printmedia Assignment Sample UON Singapore
This foundation course introduces you to the basic skills that are necessary in order to understand and explore your creative potential with Textiles and Printmedia. You will work with textiles as well paper, experimenting on such processes like weaving, felting, papermaking etc., while also getting introduced into contemporary art practice through this class. This is just a small introduction of what’s possible for modern-day artists!
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Native Singapore Writers Team
- 100% Plagiarism-Free Essay
- Highest Satisfaction Rate
- Free Revision
- On-Time Delivery
TOA,TMA,GBA Assignment sample of Foundation Textiles and Printmedia module UON Singapore
At the end of this course, Singaporean students will be able to learn Foundation Textiles and Printmedia module with the help of the following learning outcomes:
1.Use foundation Textiles and Printmedia processes to creatively respond to project briefs.
A few of the ways that foundation Textiles and Printmedia processes can be used creatively to respond to project briefs are demonstrated below. However, there are many more ways in which you could approach this problem. Please feel free to list your own ideas in the comments on the question thread page! Remember that all submissions need to be 200-300 words long with limited defined vocabulary.
1) Draw inspiration from what’s happening right now in textiles research such as examining entomology, ichthyology or spagyric printing practices by looking at their significance for future textile production.
2) Think about how you could use analogue practices such as sewing techniques or hand painting – after all, these too will eventually become obsolete and unavailable due to the ever-increasing role technology is playing in textile production.
3) Create a fashion project that responds to this question – What will our clothes be like 50 years from now or 100 years from now? You could work with dress designing, design of textiles, product design through 3D modeling programs and use many other subjects as well.
4) Think about what type of creative process you might want to follow in order to deliver your final project. Could you employ materiality in some way in your coursework.
2.Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the historical, conceptual and contemporary contexts of Textiles and Printmedia practice.
There are a number of factors that go into understanding the historical, conceptual and contemporary context of Textiles. One important factor is patterns which were developed throughout the history until now in different countries, by various cultures.
Weaving and clothing speak to human history, personality and culture. The textile industry has been a major contributor to international trade for centuries. There are many types of textiles like silk, wool or cotton among others which vary in quality because they come from different animal sources such as goats, sheep’s or rabbits etc.
Also key is the different finishes used for textile fabrics like surging with overlock stitching- this helps prevent excess fabric around seams. Or zigzag stitching on hems which prevents them from unravel ing. Another is to make a slip stitch over the raw edge of knit fabrics, which helps prevent unsightly raveling.
Other techniques are as follows: ironing fabric flat to keep it smooth and wrinkle free; using weights or pins to hold one layer steady while sewing another; tracing pattern shapes onto fabric and cutting them out with scissors; or basting together different layers of material.
Buy high-quality essays & assignment writing as per particular university, high school or college by Singapore Writers
3.Research and apply basic technical, theoretical and conceptual principles of Textiles and Printmedia practice.
Textiles and print media have been used by artists for centuries. The first textile prints were made about 30,000 years ago using stone-forming techniques that relied on a series of holes drilled through the paper. These simple prints were painted onto animal hides to create decorative patterns. More complex methods for printing textiles followed many thousands of years later but some of the basic materials and tools still use primitive technology.
Platforms, frames or wooden boards are often used as work surfaces when printing inks onto fabrics or paper that is laid upon their surface; this helps to contain the inks without absorbing them into fibers themselves. Wiping cloths provide a clean place for experimenters to quickly wipe away fresh ink from their project before it dries.
Paint and ink are used to create prints on fabric or paper; these were often done using lithographic techniques but some artists have created patterns through the use of other methods such as serigraphy (silk-screening), woodcut printing and screen printing.
Plants are also used in printmaking; stencils that contain plant material may be created by cutting them out with scissors, or lino-cutting which involves carving straight lines into a solid block of linoleum would provide a repeatable shape so that any number of impressions could be made at once.
4.Employ tools and materials in a competent and safe manner while engaged in Textiles and Printmedia processes, both in tutorials and individually.
Employ tools and materials in a competent and safe manner while engaged in Textiles.
- Wear PPE (personal protective equipment) as needed.
- Remain sober enough to perform manual labor safely.
- Use only proper machinery, including rotary cutters, sewing machines, steamers, flat irons, etc.
- Wash fabrics before cutting or machine sewing; otherwise fabric will fray when cut or broken by the needle/threads of your sewing machine or both ends of the fabric will ravel together when they are sewn together on one side causing holes to form at seams and edges of partially completed garments made with synthetic fabrics such as satin which will not be able to withstand friction without being reinforced with fibers from cotton fabrics which are stronger than satin itself.
- The practice of removing fibers from cotton or other cellulose fabrics to form a thin, flat shape is called matting; they may be used as support for newspaper printing.
- Note that this project will expose you to basic textile practices in various media and techniques to provide further exposure to printmaking/textile processes.
Buy assignment answers of AART1600 Foundation Textiles and Printmedia UON Singapore
Been looking for a reputable homework help site that can provide you with high-quality work and reasonable prices? You are the best place to help me do my homework! Our online assignment writers Singapore will not only do your assignment, but they’ll also give it their all.
It’s unfortunate to see students seeking for pay someone to do assignment then our academic writers who will do your assignment and provide high-quality work at a price you can afford so get ready to take some time off with these exclusive offers today!
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
- BAE309R Assessment In Art And Design Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- BAE303R Pedagogical Approaches In Art Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- BAE207R Art And New Media Technologies Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- FLM201 Film Genre: Understanding Types of Film Assignment Sample SUSS
- BAE315 Creative Art Therapy and Education SUSS Assignment Singapore
- BAE313 Museum Education in Practice Assignment SUSS
- BAE311 Art Criticism SUSS Assignment Singapore
- BAE221 Creative Ceramics SUSS Assignment Singapore
- GSP153 Art Appreciation Assignment SUSS
- Gsp179 Abstract Art Appreciation Assignment SUSS
- AART2000 Australian Contemporary Art in Context Assignment Sample UON Singapore
- AART1600 Foundation Textiles and Printmedia Assignment Sample UON Singapore
- XAT509 Art Making in Expressive Arts Therapy Assignment Sample SUSS, Singapore
- XAT 511 Narrative and Storytelling Assignment Sample of SUSS, Singapore
- XAT 507 Mind and Body Work in Expressive Arts Therapy Assignment Sample SUSS