Preventive Measures in Fighting Drug Abuse in Singapore Essay Sample
This is a sample essay on different ways of preventing drug abuse in Singapore.
So let us start with
What is Drug Abuse?
Drug abuse or drug addiction, sometimes also referred to as substance abuse is a practice in which an individual uses certain chemicals to create a numb-like pleasurable effect on the brain.
Moreover, we are no stranger to what drug addiction is we hear about it on television, read about it in newspapers, and sometimes hear about it from our friends and neighbors. Over 190 million people around the world are using this practice and most of the affected people are still very young in age, as most of the drug abusers are below 30 years of age. There are several reasons associated with it which we will discuss below.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Native Singapore Writers Team
- 100% Plagiarism-Free Essay
- Highest Satisfaction Rate
- Free Revision
- On-Time Delivery
Preventive steps are taken by the Singapore government to fight against drug abuse
To prevent drug abuse certain guidelines have been issued by the drug control agency of Singapore (the Central narcotics bureau of Singapore). These guidelines help parents and other close ones help others be drug-free.
- Awareness of law
- Potential risks
- Activity monitoring
- Set limits
- Provide emotional support
Now we shall discuss these points in brief below
Children should be made aware of the law
In case, a teenager who could be a potential drug abuser has knowledge of Singapore law towards drug abuser they are less likely to abuse.
Reason being that Singapore has one of the world’s strictest laws against drug use and drug trafficking.
If upon urinalysis a person is found intoxicated he or she can be subjected to the following punishments.
First time offenders – one year
Second-time offenders – three years
Third-time offenders – five years
The potential risks: physical and mental
Apart from legal trouble, there are also huge chances of obtaining other damages. There can be physical issues and mental disorders that can be caused due to excess drug abuse.
Drug causes following mental issues
Now let us see what physical issues can be caused due to drug abuse.
- Cardiovascular disease
- Respiratory problems
- Liver disease
- Kidney damage
On top of that, an overdose of drugs can even cause death in some cases as observed.
Activates of a person should be observed
Parents should or close ones should observe the change in behaviors and physical changes as these changes can indicate if a person is using drugs or worse suffering from drug abuse.
Moving on, here are some symptoms of drug abuse
- Regular feeling a need to use drugs
- mind blocking urge for drugs
- need for a larger amount of substance for attaining the same effect
- maintaining an ample supply of drugs
- A negative change in social, personal, and professional life.
- Buy more drugs than one can afford
- Experiencing difficulty while trying to stop using drugs
- Stealing and lying to obtain drugs
Parents should set limits for children
Parents or close ones should set limits for their individual at an early age as it can make a huge difference later on in life. It is noted that many teenagers indulge in drug abuse due to a lack of knowledge and lack of guidance from their guide.
Setting limits and boundaries between right and wrong and telling them how far is too far could be vital information later on in life.
As parents have authority over children for at least some part of their life, they have the ability to set good foundations for their kids and avoid potential drug abuse.
Buy high-quality essays & assignment writing as per particular university, high school or college by Singapore Writers
Parents should provide emotional support and have good communication
Providing emotional support to their children must be the top concern of parents.
So parents should have good communication with their children. If a child feels comfortable communicating with their parents, there is a huge chance that they will share sensitive topics with their family.
Therefore, this could help parents take necessary measures to prevent the environmental build-up mentally or socially that might later result in drug abuse.
In this article, we discussed the drug abuse case in the Singapore city-state. The government had provided guidelines to prevent drug abuse in teenagers which we discussed. These steps can be crucial in deciding the future outcomes and can help prevent a drug abuse victim.
Acquire the Best medical Assignment Help That Supports You To Score High Grades
Moreover, we guarantee that Singaporean students who make use of our services will receive 100% plagiarism free work. the work will be done well within the deadline and all of this at affordable rates. Another benefit is that we are available around the clock.
On top of that, you can also read our other sample concerning healthcare such as GEH1049 Public Health in Action NUS Assignment Sample, Gerontology -Technology in An Aging Society Essay, and Older Adults Continuity and Quality of Life.
Make use of our service ASAP.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
- WSQ Supervise Safe Lifting Operations assignment sample Singapore
- WSQ Perform Work in Confined Space Operation assignment sample Singapore
- Workplace Safety and Health Practices Implementation assignment sample Singapore
- OHSE 3710 International Perspectives on EOHS assignment sample UON Singapore
- OHSE 3630 Hygiene and Toxicology II assignment sample UON Singapore
- OHSE 3620 Epidemiology and Environmental Health assignment sample UON Singapore
- CET225 the Effective Healthcare Manager Assessment Sample SUSS
- PP0541 Social and Emotional Wellbeing in Childhood Assignment Sample
- Parenting Interventions for Drug-Dependent Mothers Essay Sample
- OHSE3640 Research Methods For EOHS Assignment Example Singapore
- Bright Light Therapy Essay Sample
- Pharmaceutical Sales and Marketing Assignment Sample Singapore
- CET 501 Child Development and Early Childhood Curriculum: Shifts in Research and Practice Sample Assessment
- ADL 511 Engaging Adults for Learning Sample Assignment SUSS
- Singapore New Growth Strategy Essay Sample