Opportunity and Challenges to Organisational Socialization Essay Sample
This essay sample is on Opportunity and Challenges to Organisational Socialisation for Singapore students. We will explore What is Organisational Socialisation?, the Importance of organizational socialization, the Stages of Organisational socialization, Challenges of organizational socialization for Singaporeans, The organizational socialization process for new Singapore employees, Socialization programs in the workplace, etc.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Native Singapore Writers Team
- 100% Plagiarism-Free Essay
- Highest Satisfaction Rate
- Free Revision
- On-Time Delivery
Singapore students can use this essay example as a guide to understand opportunities and challenges in an organization’s socialization. If they want more information on the custom-made written assignments and download this essay sample, our experts are there for them!
Introduction- Opportunity and Challenges to Organisational Socialisation Essay
Here, we shall be discussing the topic of “Organisational Socialisation” in this sample essay. This topic is quite complex and equally important in the realm of business. But what is it and why is it important? We shall be answering the very same questions in this sample essay. Moreover, it is equally important for the students of business and management.
Thus, we shall try to provide all the necessary information to provide a clear picture of the concept. In addition to this, we shall be dividing the sample essay into different sections. This will help readers understand the sample better and easier. For the same reason, we shall be adding all the different aspects of the concept.
Therefore, we shall be starting the sample essay by looking at the definition of “Organisational socialization”. Later on, we shall also include the importance of the same as well as the stages and different types. So without further adieu:
Main body- Opportunity and Challenges to Organisational Socialisation Essay
What is Organisational Socialisation?
The term “Organisational Socialisation” is used to denote the process of learning and adjusting. This is done in order to fit into or cope with a new or changing role within the concerned organization. Moreover, people under this process learn and adjust to new knowledge, skills, attitude, expectations, and expected behavior. In other words, one can say that its process of transition of newcomers into the company’s insiders.
Moreover, organizational socialization processes are quite complex. It includes making tactics and has several stages. We shall be discussing all of these later on in the sample essay. Furthermore, the main focus of this process is singapore organizational memberships. This process uses several tactics and methods. Nevertheless, the main aim of the process remains the same. That is to orient new members to the existing company culture.
Moving on, we shall be looking at the importance of organizational socialization in the next section of the sample essay.
The importance of Organisational socialization
In the previous section, we looked at “what” is organizational socialization. Similarly, here we shall be discussing “why” it is important. Moving on, this concept holds importance as it significantly affects the outcome of the workforce’s performance.
Moreover, it makes sure the new recruitments fit into the organizational structure. This in turn affects the efficiency, performance, and even the spell of an employee within the organization. Thus, the importance of this process can not be overestimated.
Moving on, we shall be looking at the different stages of organizational socialization in the next section of the sample essay.
Stages of Organisational socialization
As we discussed previously, organizational socialization is a quite complex process. In addition to this, it operates in different stages. In this section of the sample essay, we shall be discussing these different stages of the same. Thus, these stages are, as mentioned below:
1. The Pre-Arrival Stage
The first stage of this process is the Pre-arrival stage. It happens before joining the said organization, as suggested by the name. This includes any and every piece of information gained by the potential employee. In addition to this, it also includes processes like the hiring or selection process.
2. The Encounter Stage
The second stage of organizational socialization is the “Encounter stage”. Here, the assumptions and expectations face the reality of the situation. If there is a difference between expectations and reality, socialization is used to orient members as per company culture.
Lastly, the process ends with the third stage which is metamorphosis. Here, a new employee of member work to eradicate the challenges faced in the previous stage. In this stage, a person goes through several changes, hence the name “Metamorphosis.”.
Challenges of organizational socialization for Singaporeans
It is a real pleasure to work with people who have a common denominator. However, singapore organizational socialization is not an easy process. The following are some challenges faced by new employees during this phase:
- Breaking old habits and forming new ones.
- Learning the details about the company’s products or services.
- Adapting to a whole different set of rituals that are then used as “the norm” within the company. Socializing in an informal way with one’s colleagues can be interpreted as being disrespectful.
Signs that someone might be experiencing difficulties in adapting include excessive defensiveness, undue criticism from supervisors, and higher levels of tension among staff members who were on good terms before the newcomer arrived.
The organizational socialization process for new Singaporeans employees
The organizational socialization process for new employees is the process by which an individual adapts to the culture, customs, and attitudes of their new organization’s personnel.
The first step in assimilation is exposure to all major parts of the organization. Singaporeans employees may be exposed informally through conversations with co-workers or formally take part in planned events, such as training classes or company meetings.
The second step is familiarizing oneself with the external environment that surrounds work. Generally, this means learning about operational details that are specific to one’s position where they’ll be working – organizational charts, different lines of business within an organization, office layout within a particular building, etc.
The third step is the development of a subjective sense of acceptance and ‘belongingness’. It is difficult to leave one’s old group behind and start anew in an unfamiliar area, but the majority of people make this transition with success.
Socialization programs in the workplace
Socialization Programs in the workplace that focus on specific goals for each client or employee. These goals may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Living on your own means you have to be responsible for yourself. You need the skills and knowledge that will help make sure everything runs smoothly, including money management!
- Survival skills and Safety awareness are the most important things to have in case of emergency. It’s also good practice for your clients, which will help them feel more confident when facing any situation that requires quick thinking on their part!
- Positive behavior support is the key to success for any student, and it’s something you can provide in your classroom. Consistently following behavioral plans designed by a licensed behaviorist will help students who need extra guidance succeed!
- Socialization skills- sharing, taking turns, communication skills, eye contact, body space, and additional areas to meet individual needs.
- Community Involvement and Integration.
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Communication.
The opportunity and challenges of organizational socialization in the era of digital business require a new skill set. It’s time for singapore organizations to embrace the potentials, but also take responsibility for their own role in driving change. To be successful with this journey organizations need to look at all aspects that affect how employees feel when they come into work every day; from recruitment policies through to company culture and experience design.
Get Help With Your Business Assignment in Singapore?
I need an expert writer to write my assignment. We often receive this question. In fact, students approach us claiming “I need help with my dissertation“. We provide all of the services that can be used by students. In addition to this, we also provide 100% plagiarism-free. Plus, we always deliver within the deadline assigned by you. Thus, we are renowned for providing the best assignment help in Singapore at the most affordable rates. Furthermore, our team of experts also offers free revision if required.
Moreover, if you want to pay someone to write an essay for you. You can reach out to us through our 24/7 customer helpline. However, if you want to read more sample essays like this one. You can visit our website. Here we have several sample essays. For example Stakeholder Value, Government Business Enterprises (GBEs), Entrepreneurship in Singapore Growth and Challenges, Kurt Lewin’s Change Management Model, and so on.
- GSP401 Alibaba Cloud-SUSS Certificate/Minor In Entrepreneurship Assignment sample SUSS Singapore
- TAX535 Taxation And The Digital Economy Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- TAX531 Applying Transfer Pricing Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- TAX521 OECD Model Tax Convention Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- TAX529 Taxation, Governance And The Wider Environment Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- TAX509 Selected Topics In Taxation Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- TAX507 Tax Planning And International Taxation Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- LOG363 Geospatial Analytics For Decision-Making Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- LOG307 Optimisation and Simulation for Decision-Making Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- IPM575 Commercialising Innovation Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- IPM553 Licensing IP Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- ICT223 Business Analysis Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- HFSY217 Emergency Preparedness And Response Planning Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- DES520 Communication Design for Business Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- BUS655 Strategy SUSS Assignment Sample Singapore