Airport Ground Handling Models and their advantages and disadvantages Essay Sample
The sample essay discusses on the topic of the advantages and disadvantages of different airport ground handling models. In this essay, we will discuss the different airport ground handling models, their advantages and disadvantages, all the different models, and so on.
First of all, we shall look at the definition of airport ground handling.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Native Singapore Writers Team
- 100% Plagiarism-Free Essay
- Highest Satisfaction Rate
- Free Revision
- On-Time Delivery
Airport Ground Handling Model
The term refers to the servicing and handling of Aircraft will they are on the ground i.e. airport parked or otherwise. These services are cabin service, catering, ramp service, passenger service, and so on.
Moreover, all services between the arrival of the airplane and its departure are covered in ground handling. The lesser the ground time is, the more profitable it is for a service provider. Similarly, speed, efficiency, and accuracy are decisive factors in minimizing around the time of an aircraft.
Furthermore, there are three models of ground handling used around the world which we will discuss below.
The Different Types of Ground Handling Models
The ground handling operations around the world are based on three different types of ground handling models. In this paragraph, we will discuss these three types and look at how one differs from others.
These three types are:
- The U.S. Model
- The EU Model
- The Third-party Model
Now let us discuss each model briefly and look at its advantages and disadvantages.
1. The U.S. Model
In the U.S. model of ground handling, the services and handling of operations are looked after by the airlines themselves. From cabin service to catering everything is handled by the airlines of respective planes.
Moving on, the advantages and disadvantages of this model of ground handlings are as discussed below:
- The airlines can control the ground time of their aircraft; hence, controlling the profit and loss.
- The passenger services are controlled by the airlines which provide them control over the customer base.
- The high cost of ground handling services at different locations.
- The difficulty of maintaining and provides services at airports around the globe or across several airports.
2. The EU Model
In the EU model, the ground handling and servicing of airports are looked after by the airports instead of the respective airlines. So, irrespective of the owning airlines of aircraft, the airport is responsible for all ground operations concerning ground handling.
So let us look at the advantages and disadvantages of the following model.
- The airports controlled ground services makes it easier for government to supervise activities at the airport.
- Quality of services is similarly maintained along with the airport.
- The airlines cannot control around time and it may be affected by actions of other flights and operations.
- Also, airlines need to maintain contracts with various airports which could be expensive in the long run.
3. The Third-party Model
The third-party model is a mixture of both previous models. In this type of ground handling model, the handling and services are arranged by a third-party.
On top of that, this third party could be other airlines, airports, or independent companies. This model may be applied to a long term contract or need-based service.
Moving on, we will look at this ground handling model’s advantages and disadvantages
- During an unprecedented situation, on-call service can be availed
- Outsourcing the ground handling services is cheaper in the long run
- The quality of service is not the same throughout the airports
- The ground time can be affected by other factors
Lastly, with this, our sample essay is concluded.
Do You Need Someone To Help You Write Your Assignment?
We provide dissertation help at cheap rates. Our team of experts is ever ready to help you with your assignment Adding to that, Singapore within the deadlines and provide you 100% plagiarism free work. Get assignment help in Singapore today.
Moreover, like our sample essay on the topic of the advantages and disadvantages of different airport ground handling models? You can buy this essay and others in the field of aviation or get help with your college assignment. We are available round the clock.
Adding to that, we also provide various other services likes of which are take-home exams, open-book exams, online exams, proctored exams, remote exams, online tests, take my class, take my quiz. These services can be beneficial for any college student.
- BME211 Applied Biomechanics SUSS Assignment Sample Singapore
- PSS217 Security Operations and Administration SUSS Assignment Sample Singapore
- MTD205 Audio Technology Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- BPM113 Construction Technology Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- Aviation Project Management Assignment Sample Singapore
- EAS 201 Aerospace Propulsion Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- PSB210EN: Mechanical Engineering Assignment Solution CU Singapore
- AB0602 Communication Fundamental Strategies NTU Assessment
- BME302 Advanced Biomechanics and Modeling Assignment Example SUSS
- UTM521 Sustainable Development and Transport Planning Assignment SUSS
- Singapore Sustainable Urban Property Development Essay Sample
- Infrastructure Quality Improvement By Technology Essay Sample
- Maritime Port Planning & Operations for Singaporeans Essay Sample
- Introduction to Electrical Energy Systems Essay Sample
- Engineering Materials Essay Sample