HRM373 Assessment and Selection Assignment SUSS Sample Singapore
This course will help you to develop a strategic approach for assessment and selection. It examines the theories, concepts, and practice in this area that is often overlooked as an important component of human resource management but can have major impacts on organisations overall success.
Assessment and selection are two of the most important topics within human resource management. They ensure that employees have skills, knowledge or capabilities necessary for their organization to remain competitive in this ever changing marketplace as well as sustain any growth it may experience on its own behalf- all at an affordable price point.
Native Singapore Writers Team
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Native Singapore Writers Team
The strategic potential behind assessing candidates extensively prior to hiring them places a great deal more emphasis then before on getting only “the right person” because you’ll know exactly what kind of fit they will be able to provide your company with– restoring customer confidence if nothing else comes close enough already (ironically). This course examines theories/concepts related specifically towards assessment practices whereas also touching briefly only selection practices in a more wide-sweeping sense.
Buy Assessment Answer For HRM488 Strategic HRM and Change Leadership SUSS Module
Are you looking to brush up on your strategic HR management skills? Then look no further than the newly released solutions for Strategic Human Resources Management and Change Leadership SUSS module.
We are Singapore’s leading assignment service provider. Our team of professionals will help you pick the perfect project for your needs, whether it be a final year project or you can buy timed online assignments. Our expertise in this field has made us one of Asia’s most sought after companies with both domestic and international clients always coming back when they need new assignments on their way to graduation.
Assignment Brief 1: Distinguish between the various assessment measurement models and concepts
There are several different assessment measurement models and concepts, but one of the most common is the Bloom’s Taxonomy model. The Bloom’s Taxonomy model is a classification system of educational objectives, which breaks down cognitive skills into six levels: knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation.
Another common assessment measurement model is the Kirkpatrick Model, which evaluates training effectiveness by measuring four levels of reaction (such as satisfaction), learning (such as changed behavior), results (such as improved productivity), and impact (such as social or environmental change).
Finally, there’s the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator assessment measurement model, which classifies people into one of 16 personality types based on their preferences in four dimensions.
Assignment Brief 2: Analyse the different types and styles of selection methods
There are 3 primary types of selection methods, and each have their own benefits as well as drawbacks. These include
1) Competency-based selection – This is the only selection method that tests for job knowledge . It’s a very effective way to make sure you hire people who are qualified for the position or company culture, plus it relies on task related demonstration of knowledge from an applicant rather than a list of skills on a resume. However , there may be questions about how these tests will be applied fairly due to diversity within the workplace, and they tend to take more time during interview process
2) Statistical methods – Use psychometric surveys or questionnaires that attempt to predict job success based on things like personality traits and past work experience. This is often used with large organizations in order to determine which candidates are best suited for different roles. While it’s highly effective, it can be expensive and time consuming to develop and administer these tests
3) Structured interviews – Consists of a predetermined set of questions asked to all candidates. These questions are designed to measure specific competencies or skills required for the job. Structured interviews are considered the most reliable and valid selection method, but they can also be time consuming and require a lot of training on the part of interviewers to be effective.
Assignment Brief 3: Describe some of the theoretical and practical problems associated with various assessment and selection tools
Each of the assessment and selection tools mentioned in your question have certain issues that may be both theoretical and practical.
Theoretical problems associated with each tool:
- Skills tests such as Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam (WSL) or Basic Abilities Test (BAT): These instruments are purported instruments for identifying cognitive ability, but there is little psychometric data to document their accuracy, reliability, and validity.
- Gardner-Thorndike Physical Aptitude Test: This is often used to determine whether a candidate is “physically qualified” for military service; however, it has questionable accuracy because it does not assess many of the skills required by the armed services.
- Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS): This is the most widely used intelligence test and has been found to be valid and reliable. However, it does not measure creativity, practical intelligence, or other important skills.
Practical problems associated with each tool:
- Skills tests such as Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam (WSL) or Basic Abilities Test (BAT) are only administered to applicants who have the necessary educational background for taking the test.
- Gardner-Thorndike Physical Aptitude Test is often given but seldom scored, because it does not predict job performance for most jobs. It would also be impractical to give it to all applicants, because many applicants do not have the required physical skills.
- Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS) is costly to give, and it takes a long time to administer. It is also difficult to score, because different interpretations are possible for each score.
Each of these assessment and selection tools has certain issues that may be both theoretical and practical. Theoretical problems associated with each tool include the lack of documentation of accuracy, reliability, and validity for cognitive ability tests (Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam or Basic Abilities Test) and the questionable accuracy of the Gardner-Thorndike Physical Aptitude Test. Practical problems associated with each tool include the lack of applicability for many jobs because of specific physical skills required (Gardner-Thorndike Physical Aptitude Test) and the lack of practicality in giving or scoring these tests because they take a long time to administer and are costly to score (Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale).
Assignment Brief 4: Apply key measurement concepts for a variety of selection situations
There are a few key measurement concepts that you should be aware of when making selections for your business. First, you need to know about variability. Variability is the spread or distribution of data points around the average. You’ll want to select a measure that accounts for as much variability as possible so you can get an accurate picture of what’s going on.
Additionally, you’ll want to be aware of outliers. Outliers are data points that are significantly different from the rest of the data set. They can have a large impact on your results and should be considered when making decisions. Finally, you’ll need to understand confidence intervals and how they can help you make better decisions. A confidence interval is a range of values within which you can be confident that the true value of a population parameter lies. By understanding these concepts, you’ll be better equipped to make informed decisions for your business.
Assignment Brief 5: Develop an appropriate assessment toolkit for hiring personnel
When it comes to hiring personnel, a conscientious employer will want a well-developed assessment toolkit. There are many facets that must be considered when developing this toolkit, and each facet can have its unique challenges. Ultimately, an effective toolkit requires an allowance for both quantitative and qualitative factors. Below is a list of considerations that will go into making this successful development process possible:
Qualifications- these usually include degrees earned from various academic institutions as well as the appropriate certifications for the position being hired for. These factors could not only include qualifications relevant to the job market but also those experiences or skills that translate across industries and positions such as leadership experience or training certification in certain software programs which would be crucial for a technical position.
- Behavioral Traits- during an interview, employers will want to see how the applicant thinks on their feet, problem solves and reacts under pressure. They will also want to get a sense of the individual’s personality to make sure that it is a good fit for both the employer and the employee. This can be done by asking situational questions which will require the applicant to give a detailed response.
- Work History- this section would include an overview of the applicant’s work history as well as information about their previous roles within their field. It is important to get a sense of how the individual has progressed in their career, what types of positions they have held and what trends can be seen throughout their work history.
- Psychomotor Skills- these skills are the physical and manual abilities that may or may not relate directly to the position being filled. For example, a Project Manager would need excellent organizational and communication skills, but they might also need exceptional computer and software skills (which could be considered psychomotor skills).
Assignment Brief 6: Plan an assessment and selection system to support staff recruitment
The first step in designing an assessment and selection system for staff recruitment is to identify the specific skills and qualities that are required for the role. Once these have been identified, you can begin to develop a range of assessment tasks and questions that will help to determine whether candidates possess these skills and qualities.
The next step is to create a scoring system that will rate candidates against the required skills and qualities. This scoring system should be designed so that it is as objective as possible, with minimal subjective judgement on the part of the assessors. Finally, you need to decide how candidates will be selected based on their score. This may include ranking all candidates against each other, or using a cut-off point to determine who is offered the role.
Once you have designed your assessment and selection system, it is important to pilot the process so that assessors are clear about how to use it, and that all required information can be collected. This will help prevent errors in data collection later during the recruitment process. Finally, once the pilot has been completed, staff should be trained on how to use the new system.
Buy Expert Assistance on HRM488 Strategic HRM and Change Leadership Assignment SUSS Singapore
You don’t want to spend hours researching and writing an essay, do you? We’ll take care of that for you. Order our affordable homework help sg from start-to-finish with no worries.
If you’re looking for the best way to get an A, look no further. Our cheapest assignment writing help is here. We can provide you with a custom written paper that meets all of your requirements. We guarantee that you will be happy with our work.
We know that you’re busy, so we offer a variety of different services to make your life easier. We can help you with everything from essay writing to proofreading. We also have a wide range of formatting options available.
Looking to pay someone to write the essay? your search is over! get an excellent essay for your cheap price. We can write any custom essay on any topic specifically for you. We understand the importance of getting your essay done on time and we guarantee that you will receive your essay before the deadline. Whether you are browsing for a topic, or just looking for an idea to improve your essay writing skills, you have come to the right place.
Get our Singapore assignment help services and feel the difference!
- MGT599 Management Consulting Project Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- FMT388 Industry Project For Facilities Management Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- EMT315 Event Ideation And Conceptualization Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- NPM522 Maximise Human Capital For Social Impact Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- NPM511 Strategic Planning & Change Management For Non-Profit Organizations Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- NPM520 Lead and Manage Diverse Stakeholders Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- MKT559 Search Engine Marketing Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- MKT556 Content Marketing Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- MKT555 Social Media Marketing In Practice Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- MKT554 Consumer Insights With Google Analytics Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- MKT553 Search Engine Optimization Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- MKT542 Digital Marketing Analytics Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- MKT362 Pricing Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- MKT355 Multivariate Analysis Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore
- MGT559F Leading In A Circular Economy Assignment Sample SUSS Singapore