Eating Disorder Singapore Essay
Eating disorder cases are increasing around the world and Singapore is no different. As Singapore is the epicenter of commerce in South East Asia, it holds a diversity of people and cultures. Therefore, in this sample essay, we will be looking at the topic of Eating disorders with respect to Singapore. This disorder is among rising concerns in Singapore. So we need to understand this topic and concept well.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Native Singapore Writers Team
- 100% Plagiarism-Free Essay
- Highest Satisfaction Rate
- Free Revision
- On-Time Delivery
Moving on we shall be going through various aspects of things topic. First of all, we will be looking at the definition of an eating disorder; after that, we will discuss different types of eating disorders. As the topic concerns the Singapore city-state, we will be looking at the situation in Singapore. Moreover, we will also discuss the causes of this disorder and how it is treated.
What is an eating disorder?
An eating disorder is a serious psychological illness. As the name suggests, it is related to eating. Moreover, a person may eat excess or less than required depending on the type of disorder which we will be discussing later. Adding to that, untreated eating disorders can cause several emotional, physical, and psychological problems.
However, eating disorder is not just eating too much or too less, as people often think. Eating disorder requires professional medical and psychological intervention. Moreover, delaying proper treatment may give rise to life-threatening situations. Regardless there are different types of eating disorder that we will discuss in the next section of this sample essay.
Types of eating disorder
In this paragraph, we shall discuss different types of eating disorders. In particular, there is three most common types of eating disorders. Now we shall be looking at these three types of eating disorder below:
- Anorexia Nervosa: In this form of an eating disorder, a person eats less than needed. Almost like starvation. People are often seen over-exercising, excess dieting, taking dieting pills, and more. Furthermore, women are more likely to be affected by this type.
- Bulimia Nervosa: in this type of eating disorder, patients suffering from experience episodes of eating larger amounts and food. Which is followed by a purge or dominating as the body gets rid of excess calories.
- Binge Eating Disorder: as the name suggests in binge eating disorder, similar to bulimia nervosa, people eat a larger amount of comfortably large amount of food in a short period of time. However, in these types of eating disorders, there is no following purge.
Eating disorder situation in Singapore
It is a known fact people of Singapore enjoy their food. However, there is a rising concern about eating disorders in the population of Singapore. Usually, it is seen that adults are most likely to be affected by this disorder. However, in the case of Singapore, it is seen that children as young as nine years of age are suffering from eating disorders.
Moreover, in a survey, it was found 170 new cases are registered in Singapore. This number may not seem much big of a deal but considering the size and population of Singapore, it is a concerning number. In fact, Singapore falls in third place in the list of countries with most eating disorder cases, only behind Japan and Hong Kong. Adding to this fact is a problem that people of Singapore do not come out and seek professional help.
This is due to the nation’s obsession with fitness which is discussed in “wellness and weight loss industry Singapore”. Moving on, as we discussed before seeking professional help is quite important. Otherwise, it can lead to seriously harmful situations.
As stated by researchers and psychologists, the reason for eating disorders is still unknown. Moreover, n researches concerning eating disorders there was no one particular reason found. Even though some reasons are found but they are no direct connection between them and eating disorder.
Regardless, we shall be looking at the possible reasons, which are:
- Insecurities based on physical appearance
- Other mental disorder
- Effects of some medical treatment
- Family history
- Cognitive problems
Are you looking to hire assignment makers in Singapore?
You got us we provide the best assignment help service in Singapore. Moreover, we provide services where you can pay to write your essay online. Plus point being we provide 100% plagiarism-free content and that too on time.
Moreover, students have questions like can anyone finish my project? Yes, we provide this service too. In fact, our services are available at an affordable rate and round the clock.
Moreover, if you like our essay you can read another psychology assignment like Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy, Development of Psychology Reflection, Model of Adaptive Grieving Dynamics (MAGD), Kohlberg’s Theory of Moral Development. Reach out to us today.
- Diabetic Foot Ulcer Dressing Guidelines Essay Sample
- Eating Disorder Singapore Essay Sample
- Depression and Social Care Essay Sample
- National Hand Hygiene Singapore Essay Sample
- Vaccination against Covid-19 risk management
- Wellness weight management industry Singapore Essay Sample
- Preventive Measures in Fighting Drug Abuse in Singapore Essay Sample
- Gerontology -Technology in An Aging Society Essay
- Older Adults Continuity and Quality of Life
- Introduction to Mental Health Essay
- SS9103 Squash NTU Assessment
- SS9101 Badminton NTU Assessment
- SS9107 Table Tennis NTU Assessment
- SSM9401 Aquatics NTU Assessment
- SS1103 introduction to growth and motor development NTU