|University||Murdoch University (MU)|
|Subject||PSY391: Individual Differences and Performance|
Based on your results from completing the 120-item IPIP (Maples, Guan, Carter, & Miller, 2014) representative of the NEO-PI-R domains of personality, this research assignment asks you to complete a review of your results and their potential implications based on findings from published literature.
There are three major questions to be answered as part of this assignment.
1. Using your PSY391 peers as a point of comparison, what do your scores on the 120-item IPIP by Maples et al. (2014) suggest about the five major trait domains of your personality? When answering this question, please address the following as part of your answer:
- Provide a standardised statistical indicator (e.g., a Z score) for each of your five domain scores that allows you to describe how much higher, lower, or approximately average you are on each trait domain in comparison to your PSY391 peers.
- Based on your IPIP scores, describe what traits for each domain would be more or less characteristic of you in comparison to your peers in the unit.
- Based on your IPIP scores and their implications for your personality traits described above, how accurately does this correspond with how you see yourself in comparison to your peers? Provide examples for each domain to substantiate your answer.
- Provide a Figure or Figures in your Appendix that demonstrates the distribution of the PSY391 cohort on each domain, and where your score sits on the distribution for each domain.
2. Based on findings from published academic literature, what do your scores on the five personality trait domains suggest about your predicted academic performance at university? When answering this question, please address the following as part of your answer:
- Provide a concise summary of the academic literature that has addressed the five personality domains and their expected relationships with tertiary academic performance.
- Based on your perceptions of your academic performance, do your IPIP results support the predicted relationships between personality traits and academic performance? Provide examples to substantiate your answer to the relevant trait domains.
3. What validity considerations are important when looking at the relationship between your personality domain scores and their predictions about your academic performance? When answering this question, please address the following as part of your answer:
- What aspects of validity may impede or strengthen the accuracy of your trait domain scores as predictors of academic performance? Provide examples to substantiate how these aspects of validity may be directly relevant to the accuracy of these relationships.
Get unmatched quality psychology assignment help services from the expert assignment writers of Singapore Assignment Help. You can now talk to our experts regarding your (PSY391) Individual Differences and Performance assignment and clear any doubts you have.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- Nick has Joined the National Recreation Agency (NRA) as a Programme Development Executive (PDE): Conflict Management Assignment, KU
- Formulate an Emergency Response Plan (ERP) So that It would Help You to Organize: Fire Safety Manager Assignment, ITE
- TBA2105: Smartphones with Internet Connectivity are Probably be Considered More Essential Items: Web Mining Assignment, NUS
- The Chairman Said that There was No Statistic Available Therefore More Research: Event Planning & Management Assignment, SMU
- MME2151: The Lumped-Parameter Model (Also Called Lumped-Element Model, or Lumped-Component Model) Simplifies: Electro-Mechanical Systems Technology Assignment, SIT
- We Consider a Triangle ABC with Fixed Base Length b = BC and the Area of the Triangle: Mathematics Homework, NUS
- Develop a Strategy for the Retail or Manufacturing Type Organization Chosen Which will Transition: Supply Chain Management (SCM) Assignment, SMU
- BCLE002: Identify the Key Stakeholders/Players to Stage a Tradeshow that Comprises: Mice Management Assignment, TP
- BM1378/BM5082: An Abrupt Freeze to a Long-Standing Procedure: URA Halts Re-issue of Option to Purchase: Word Processing and IT Presentation Assignment, NYP
- MME2121: A Training Model of an Overhead Gantry Crane is Shown in Figure 2: Engineering Dynamics Assignment, SIT