Introduction to Mental Health Essay
The term mental health is commonly used these days. Many institutions in Singapore are studying its root causes, conditions, and how to treat them. Not only students but even adults are also at risk. Mental health can adversely affect a person’s daily living, physical health, and relationships.
Many educational institutions in Singapore have included this topic in their curriculum and provide assignments to the students to make them aware of mental health. This article on mental health is an insight into the determinants and the significance of Mental Health. Even after going through this if you find problems in writing on mental health then, there are Health Care assignment helpers who would help you in making your assignments instantly.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Native Singapore Writers Team
- 100% Plagiarism-Free Essay
- Highest Satisfaction Rate
- Free Revision
- On-Time Delivery
Understanding mental health
Mental health involves a person’s social, psychological, and emotional well-being.It affects how an individual acts, feels or thinks.Mental health means how a person handles stress, makes choices, and relates to others.The various types and causes of it are
Types of mental illness
- Anxiety disorders- phobias, panic disorder
- Eating disorders
- Depression and mood disorders
- Psychotic disorders such as Schizophrenia
- Personality disorders
Causes of mental illness
- Family history and genes
- Biological factors
- Life experiences such as the history of abuse and stress
- Use of drugs or alcohol
- Feeling isolated or lonely and having few friends
- Some medical condition
- Traumatic brain injury
Youth and mental health
Many youths around the world are suffering from untreated depression. Suffering from mental health at such a younger age stops the growth of necessary habits and skills in them. For example, behavioral skills such as sensory and motor skills are not developed.
Stigmas, anxiety disorder, and depression are some of the most common mental illnesses in youth. Family and friends can play a significant role in youth mental health treatment and stability.
Youth suffer from mental illness when they are unhappy at colleges or organizations, may be suspended, aggressive behavior, poor concentration, poor peer relationships, career-related problems, issues with their classmates and others. Youth must value themselves, avoid self-criticism, and take care of their body and diet.
Work and mental health
A situation in a work environment where an individual looks to attain freedom from external and internal problems such as organizational environment or economic situations.
To avoid mental health at work you must take frequent breaks, avoid workplace gossip, set reachable goals, and avoid taking too much pressure on yourself.
Improper work area, stressful job, target based job, unresponsive employer, lack of coordination, and communication can affect mental health.
Due to consequences an employee can consider quitting his job, ask for fewer responsibilities, or may take an illness break.
Buy high-quality essays & assignment writing as per particular university, high school or college by Singapore Writers
Mental health and wellness
Mental illness does not affect an individual just in a day it is followed by many early warning signs. It includes
- fighting or yelling at friends/ family
- Having low energy
- Believing things or hearing voices that do not exist
- Thinking of harming oneself
- Inability to perform the daily task
- More consumption of drugs, drinking, and smoking
- Feeling helpless and pulling away from other people
Here we will discuss the Importance of good mental health.
Positive mental health helps an individual to
- Making meaningful contributions to the communities
- Productive work
- To realize their full working potential
- To cope up with life stress
- Staying positive and connecting with others
- Developing coping skills and maintaining healthy relationships with others
Ways to improve mental health
- Physical activity– it includes a physical exercise such as cycling, walking, or playing Sports
- Pharmacotherapy– medical therapy using Pharmaceutical drugs and antidepressants
- Meditation– heartfulness and mindfulness meditation can benefit from the reduction of stress anxiety and depression
- Spiritual counseling
- Mental fitness – it includes having adequate sleep, aerobic exercises, and staying positive.
Mental health policies
Every year October 10 is observed as World Mental Health Day.It was started by the United Nations of organizations as an annual activity. The mental hygiene movement and public health policies adopted by many nations may improve negative consequences of Mental Health.
WHO has implemented a mental health gap action program (mhGAP) to strengthen the provision of services of Mental Health.
From the above discussion, we can conclude that mental illness has a devastating effect on the person, the community, his friends, and family in many ways.
It is a major responsibility of family, friends, and society to care for that person as the behavioral and emotional components of such illness can be very misleading.
Get affordable prices for your homework and assignment help!
Singapore assignment help is here to eliminate all your assignments and homework related worries.
Whenever you are running short of a deadline and looking to pay someone to do my assignment services then, this is the right place.
Receive top quality and plagiarism-free paperwork done by our experienced professional writers.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
- WSQ Supervise Safe Lifting Operations assignment sample Singapore
- WSQ Perform Work in Confined Space Operation assignment sample Singapore
- Workplace Safety and Health Practices Implementation assignment sample Singapore
- OHSE 3710 International Perspectives on EOHS assignment sample UON Singapore
- OHSE 3630 Hygiene and Toxicology II assignment sample UON Singapore
- OHSE 3620 Epidemiology and Environmental Health assignment sample UON Singapore
- CET225 the Effective Healthcare Manager Assessment Sample SUSS
- PP0541 Social and Emotional Wellbeing in Childhood Assignment Sample
- Parenting Interventions for Drug-Dependent Mothers Essay Sample
- OHSE3640 Research Methods For EOHS Assignment Example Singapore
- Bright Light Therapy Essay Sample
- Pharmaceutical Sales and Marketing Assignment Sample Singapore
- CET 501 Child Development and Early Childhood Curriculum: Shifts in Research and Practice Sample Assessment
- ADL 511 Engaging Adults for Learning Sample Assignment SUSS
- Singapore New Growth Strategy Essay Sample