|University||Kaplan University (KU)|
|Subject||Quantitative Research in Psychology (QTRP)|
Our memories are broken down into two components – short-term memory and long-term memories. The short-term memory store holds information temporarily (e.g., a mobile phone number) and has a limited capacity, whereas long-term memory stores have an infinite capacity and can hold memories from many years back.
Atkinson and Shiffrin’s (1968) theory of memory suggests that rehearsal moves short-term memories into long-term stores. Past experiments suggest a primary and recency effect, where participants are able to remember the words at the start of the list and the end, respectively.
They remember words at the start due to rehearsal while the words at the end of recalled first. Words in the middle of the list are not recalled as much because the short-term store has been filled up. The current study is looking at the serial position effect in short-term memory and we are replicating past experiments in this field.
Please ensure that you have your writing materials and paper before the start of the experiment. The lecturer will read out 4 lists of 12 words and say “go”. Thereafter, you will need to write down the words in any order.
After all the lists are presented, you will need to identify the position of each word that you got correct, record your results in the data collection sheet and submit it to your lecturer.
Your lecturer will collate the results for the whole class and provide you the data in an excel file.
In your lab report, you will need to provide the means and standard deviations of the recall rate for each position in the serial curve (i.e. position 1 to 12) and present a line graph (similar to that above) to accompany your results.
Singapore Assignment Help provides cheap report writing help on Quantitative Research in Psychology (QTRP). Our report writers hold Ph.D. degrees who have valuable experience and knowledge in creating authentic reports on psychology assignments. Our report writers very well understand what students require in psychology subjects report and they also provide any report before the deadline.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- ISIT312: Assume That a file Orderline.txt Contains Information About the Products Included in the Orders Submitted by the Customers: Big Data Management Assignment, SCIT
- Identify Logistics Problems in the Supply Chain (analyze the root cause) Use Fishbone Diagram Can Show 3-4 Root Cause: Logistics and Supply chain Management Report, SUSS
- Constructor Pte Ltd has more than 500 Employees on the Global Scale and Has Achieved Excellent Record in Safety Certification: Safety, Health and Environmental Management Assignment, MDIS
- COR160: Singapore Government is Increasing the Benefits for Parents to Have Babies Due to the Pandemic Situation: Essential Academic Writing Skills Essay, SUSS
- ANL321: Gwynedd County Council is Eager to Improve the Rates of Waste Food Recycling: Statistical Methods Assignment, SUSS
- BUS350: You are required to provide a written analysis of one case study of Kill Kapture: Strategic Marketing Case Study, MU
- ICT301 : Find a case related to Enterprise Architecture (EA), Introduce the Case, and Discuss how the Documentation Framework in the Case is Different from the EA3 cube Framework Tn the Textbook: Enterprise Architectures Essay, MU
- Shipping Pte Ltd Ventured into the Logistics Industry in April 2020 After the Pandemic Started: Business Management Report, NYP
- S2059C: Discuss How the Assigned Topics from Either Group A OR Group B Below are Relevant to Your case Study: Sports Sociology and Inclusive Physical ActivityCase Study, RP
- Choose any Company (MNC or SME) of your Choice from Any Country Students are Encouraged to Choose a Company Based on Their Specialization of Study: Principles of Management (PMGT) Assignment, KU