|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||MTH319: Mathematical Methods I|
Given a system of linear equations as:
(a) Using matrix row operations, solve for the solution of the above system.
(b) Describe the system in terms of its linear independence, consistency and rank. What does the solution represent?
(c) Hence, determine the vector equation of a line that is normal to:
and contains the solution from Question 1(a).
Figure Q2 below shows 5 data points being plotted. We want to find a best-fit line passing through these data points.
(a) Using linear regression by minimizing the sum of squared errors, show that the equation of the best-fit line for the above data points is:
(b) Calculate the sum of squared errors for the best-fit line given in Question 2(a).
(c) Hence, determine the vector equation:
which also represents the same line given in Question 2(a). Note that there is no unique answer.
Given the matrix A below:
Compute the eigendecomposition of A.
(a) Classify the following DEs. For each DE, state its (i) type (PDE or ODE), (ii)
solution function, (iii) order, (iv) linearity and (v) homogeneity.
(b) Show that the function:
is a solution to the differential equation:
(c) Obtain the particular solution of the IVP below, in which k is a const
Determine the particular solution of the IVP below, where β, ∝ and Q are constant parameters
The populations of two species, P1(t) and P2(t), are governed by the system of ODEs: where a and b are positive constant parameters.
(a) Determine the general solution of the system above.
(b) Given the information below, determine the particular solution.
(c) For your solution in Question 5(b), sketch P1(t) and P2(t) for t ≥ 0 and P1, P2 ≥ 0. What can you observe about the two species?
Get the best help with college assignments on MTH319: Mathematical Methods I. At Singapore Assignment Help we have a team of native assignment experts who have the capability to offer faultless solutions on math assignment at an extremely low price.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- Max Burg is considering setting up a restaurant. If he opens it in Castle Street, he believes there is an equal chance of making a profit: Data Analytics Assignment, NUS
- Art history, being concerned with identifying, classifying, describing, evaluating, interpreting, and understanding historic development: Principles Of Graphic And Media Design Essay, SP
- Consider how a. women, OR b. ethnic minorities, OR c. LGBT+ are depicted in your country’s media today in the wake of social justice: Mass Communications Assignment, NTU
- In 2001, Tony Fernandes and Dato Kamarudin Meranum bought the failing government-owned Malaysian Airline: Corporate Strategy Case Study, SIM
- Critical analysis of a company’s supply chain process. In the module, we have studied logistics and supply chain processes: Supply Chain Management Assignment, NUS
- There are three characteristics of a “black swan” event – rarity, extreme impact, and retrospective predictability: Organizations in a Global Context Assignment, KU
- Many modern Singaporean families have both parents working. Such dual-income families often result in children spending less: English Essay, SUSS
- Find and collect a set or few sets of biomedical related data dengue fever, covid, HFMD, cancer, etc: Biostatistics and Epidemiology Research Paper, NUS
- 33923: Much of strategic management accounting literature presents strategy as a deliberate, rational process. Where this is not the case: Advanced Management Accounting and Control Essay, UoB
- Peters argues that the only way for an organization to survive is by constantly reinventing itself through a ceaseless: Managing Change Essay, NUS