|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||LOG203: Inventory Management|
Fresh Land supermarket is planning to order an item from its supplier. The supplier offers a discount of r% on orders of 5,000 units. The discount rate, r is given by, r = X + 1, (where X is the last digit of your Student PI number, e.g. if your PI number is W1234567, then X = 7 and the discount rate, r would be r = 7 + 1 = 8). The annual demand for the item is 40,000 units with a unit cost of $9. The ordering cost is $35 per order and the annual inventory carrying cost is 22%.
- Solve for the purchase cost, cost of ordering, cost of carrying, and total cost for an order of 5,000 units and EOQ. Present your findings in a tabular form.
- The supermarket is not sure whether to order based on EOQ or take advantage of the discount offered by the supplier. Based on your finding in part (a), determine which option is better and how much cost can be saved by choosing that option.
- Due to the market conditions, the supermarket expects demand to reduce by 70%. Should the company continue with the decision taken in (b) or reverse the decision? Explain your answer.
We provide timely logistics and supply chain management assignment help at affordable charges with detailed answers to your assignments, essays, research paper so that you can understand your subject very well. The team has helped a number of SUSS university students who are pursuing the (LOG203) Inventory Management course. We also guide them by offering free (LOG203) inventory management assignment samples.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- Apply One Positive Psychology Intervention in Your Life and Assess the Outcome: Positive Psychology Intervention Report, CU
- ICT380: The Need for Information Security Management for Small to Medium Size Enterprises: Information Security Policy And Governance Essay, MU
- Demonstrate Knowledge and Understanding of the Values and Principles Behind Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion: Early Childhood Essay, NUS
- Critically Analyse the Digital Marketing Strategies of an Australian Health Message: Online Marketing Strategies Analytic Report, SMU
- LOG221: Imagine that You Work for the World Bank and You have been Called to Ghana: International Trade Management Assignment, SUSS
- Language Allows Humans to Express Our Ideas and is Believed to be an Innate: Language and the Brain Assignment, NUS
- SE2211: Demonstrates the Usefulness and Importance of Looking at Processes in Southeast Asia: Social History of Southeast Asia Essay, NUS
- BUS354: Select a Financial Institution (Banks or Insurers) of Which You are a Customer: Customer Relationship Management Assignment, SUSS
- ACC3005: Many Auditors have Begun to Turn Their Sights to Their Next Group of Audits: Audit and Assurance Assignment, SIM
- BLAW1002: The Commonwealth Bank of Australia: Rogue One: Markets and Legal Frameworks Case Study, CU