|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||COU254: Counselling for Addictions|
In 2013, the American Psychiatric Association (APA) introduced ‘Internet Gaming Disorder as a ‘proposed condition for further study’. The DSM-5 work group reviewed more than 240 articles and found some behavioral similarities between Internet gaming gambling disorders and substance use disorders.
The literature suffers, however, from a lack of a standard definition from which to derive prevalence data. An understanding of the natural histories of cases, with or without treatment, is also missing.
Internet gaming disorder has significant public health importance, and additional research may eventually lead to evidence that Internet gaming disorder has merit as an independent disorder.
However, 9 years later, APA noted, in DSM-5 TR, that since the publication of DSM-5, the number of clinical reports has continued to accumulate, but many of the issues remain unresolved (2022).
- With the understanding of George L. Engel’s bio-psycho-social model on addictions, apply its perspectives on Internet Gaming Disorder.
- Discuss the difficulties encountered in researching Internet Gaming Disorder. Provide suggestions on how you might attempt to resolve these issues. (
- Provide necessary evidence and readings (at least 5 journal articles) to support your essay.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Native Singapore Writers Team
- 100% Plagiarism-Free Essay
- Highest Satisfaction Rate
- Free Revision
- On-Time Delivery
Unlock academic success at SUSS with Singapore Assignment Help! Our dedicated online assignment writers in Singapore specialize in COU254: Counselling for Addictions Assignment. Trust our 'Pay To Do Assignments' service for outstanding tutor-marked assignments.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- HBC203: Ravi, a communications researcher, wants to find out if Singaporean parents’ concern about their children’s exposure: Statistics and Data Analysis for the Social and Behavioral Sciences Assignment, SUSS
- Discuss 5 issues faced with having workforce diversity within your organization. Explain the issues you have: Workforce Diversity Essay, SIM
- LB5402: There are six purposes of a performance management system. From the case, identify and explain the THREE (3) purposes: Performance Management and Appraisal Assignment, JCU
- BSBSUS401: A person who demonstrates competence in this unit must be able to provide evidence of the ability to implement and monitor: Implement and Monitor Environmentally Sustainable Work Practices Case Study, DU
- POL298: With reference to different conceptual approaches in IPE, critically evaluate arguments for and against free international trade: International Political Economy Essay, MU
- 2005 MKT: You have decided to launch a new shower gel in Singapore You are required to prepare a detailed marketing plan for the launch: Marketing Management Report, Singapore
- Previously, in a non-digitalised world customer engagement was based around human interactions. However, now that the transactions: Consumer Behavior in the Digital Age Essay, UOE
- SWK356: Concerning the case study, appraise FIVE (5) underlying objectives of the IAmGoingHome project about Singapore’s: Social Work in Healthcare Assignment, SUSS
- HFS201: Describe human physical capabilities and limitations and their relevance to workplace design. Identify risk factors: Workplace Evaluation and Design Essay, SUSS
- SOC356: What were some social trends or issues that resonated with you in SOC356? Why did they do so and how would you relate: Urban Sociology Assignment, SUSS