|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||BUS351: Operations Management|
- Bike-sharing companies like SG Bike and Anywheel operate in Singapore. Bikes need to be deployed and parked at the designated parking stations. Land Transportation Authority (LTA) needs to decide the locations of the parking stations and plans to use the Factor Rating Method to evaluate the candidates of parking stations. Propose three(3) most important factors for the decision on the location of parking stations. Elaborate on the type of data that can be used to evaluate these factors and how LTA should plan to collect the data.
- Given that each bike-sharing company can only operate a limited fleet of bikes, the geographical area a bike-sharing company can cover is restricted. For example, the bike-sharing company SG Bike only deploys its bikes in the areas of Tampines, East Coast, and Yishun. Assume that SG Bike is allowed to deploy some bikes to a few parking stations in Central Business District and the company needs to set up a working station to service these bikes, including maintenance, repair, relocation, and replacement.
Evaluate if the Centre of Gravity Method is a good method for the company to decide the location of the service station. You must first answer “Yes” or “No”, and then justify your answer with relevant arguments and evidence. If your answer is “Yes”, please briefly describe how you would like to collect data to execute this method.
Table 2.1 below is the prototype assembly process sheet for a new notebook computer.
Table 2.1 Notebook Computer Assembly Process Sheet
|Task||Task Time (Seconds)||Tasks That Must Precede This Task|
|1. Assemble Cover||75||None|
|2. Install LCD in Cover||61||Task 1|
|3. Prepare Base Assembly||24||None|
|4. Install M-PCB in Base||36||Task 3|
|5. Install CPU||22||Task 4|
|6. Install Backup Batteries and Test||39||Task 4|
|7. Install Accupoint Pointing Device and Wrist Rest||32||Task 4|
|8. Install Speaker and Microphone||44||Task 4|
|9. Install Auxiliary Printed Circuit Board (A-PCB) on M-PCB||29||Task 4|
|10. Prepare and Install Keyboard||26||Task 9|
|11. Prepare and Install Digital Video Drive (DVD) and Hard Disk Drive (HDD)||52||Task 10|
|12. Install Battery Pack||7||Task 11|
|13. Insert Memory Card||5||Task 12|
|14. Start Software Load||11||Tasks 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 13|
|15. Software Load (labour not required)||310||Task 14|
|16. Test Video Display||60||Task 15|
|17. Test Keyboard||60||Task 16|
Production of the new notebook model is scheduled to begin in 10 days. The initial production target for the new model is to be 150 units per day, increasing to 250 units per day the following week. The ultimate production target is to reach 300 units per day. The line normally operates for 7.5 hours a day (employees work from 8:15 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. and regular hours includes one hour of unpaid lunch and 15 minutes of scheduled breaks).
- Draw a precedence diagram of this operation. Given the daily working hours, what is the cycle time for each production target?
- With respect to the ultimate production target, recommend the theoretical minimum number of workstations. Is the theoretical minimum achievable? Please explain in detail.
Show the minimum number of workstations (which may not be the theoretical minimum) and the assignment of tasks to these stations. You can use a diagram or table to show the assignment.
- What is the efficiency of the assembly line with the recommended assignment of tasks to workstations in (b)? How much idle time is present in each cycle? Show your calculation in detail.
The knowledgeable and expert assignment writers have been helping operations management assignment and preparing solutions to the various management homework for SUSS university students and each (BUS 351) operations management assignment are written by them is guaranteed to be completely original and plagiarism free.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- LOG317: Consider Your Current Employment or an Organisation you are Familiar With: PROCUREMENT STRATEGY AND POLICY Assignment, SUSS
- ACC202: Question 1 At the start of 2021, Henry opened an Interior Design Business The following were Transactions: Financial and Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS
- Challenges in Recognizing Personal/professional Weakness and how it may Have Hampered your Personal and or Professional Development: Specialist Diploma In Digital Marketing & Communication Management Coursework, TP
- ACC202: Question 3 You Have just Joined an SGX-listed Company The CEO has Asked you to Write a Report on the Financial Performance: Financial and Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS
- Many Firms Target the Lead Users or Innovators with their New Products : Marketing Principles Assignment, TP
- ECON1035: The Role of Temperature in Economic Development has Been an Important Question: Business Statistics Report,
- FIN382: You Have been Hired to Advise the Executive Team of a Construction and Engineering Firm: Risk Management for Finance and Technology Assignment, SUSS
- ACC202: Question 2 2020 was a Challenging year for Momo Hardware Hit by a Sharp fall in sales, the Company allowed Credit sales for the First Time: Financial and Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS
- FIN383: Question 1 Ant, the Titan of Fintech in China, is Seeking a dual listing in Hong Kong and Shanghai: Financial Technologies and Innovations Assignment, SUSS
- Attend a Meeting Regarding Restructuring their IT infrastructure and Services: Business Computing and Information Systems Assignment, UCLAN