Note: Where applicable, your answers in this ECA shall be based on the new Enterprise Singapore Revised Business Excellence (BE) Framework, effective 1 April 2017
(available at https://spring.enterprisesg.gov.sg/Building-Trust/Business-Excellence/Documents/BE_Framework.pdf)
Q. Personal Computing technology has advanced tremendously in the past half-century. It brought computing power from centralised computers to individuals’ reach. Its functions further extended to productivity and entertainment. In this ECA, we are focusing on one platform of personal computing, the laptop computer (thereafter it shall be known as “laptop”), which is defined here as a portable computer equipped with an integrated or sold with a proprietary detachable keyboard, running Apple iOS or Microsoft Windows Operating System. Hence, desktop computers, netbook (e.g. Chromebook), tablets (running on iOS or Android) and smartphones are not in the areas of discussion, although the laptop manufacturers may produce these devices.
(a) Laptops have improved through the years, partly due to newer technologies, increased competition and customer demands. Write a short essay, in less than 450 words (indicate word count at the end of your answer), to relate the Customer-Driven Quality Cycle model to how the laptop industry players decided on one feature of the laptop and how this feature has evolved by the endeavours of the players (not merely due to a manufacturer’s or supplier’s intent). To answer this question, you need to research on the laptop’s development. (12 marks)
(b) Ringtex Pte Ltd is an electronics company established in Singapore five years ago. It specialises in developing and selling smartphones. With its rapid success, the firm is considering expanding into the laptop market. It would be essential for Ringtex to understand the industry before starting the laptop business. Write a short essay, in less than 300 words (indicate word count at the end of your answer), to discuss how the rapid knowledge transfer framework spring Singapore can be used to benchmark against the current industry players and be helpful to Ringtex. Your essay must define and relate this framework to this given scenario.
Note: You are not required to perform any benchmarking exercise. – Rapid Knowledge Transfer Framework Spring Singapore
You are required to choose an existing laptop brand operating in Singapore (thereafter it shall be called the “subject”). Although the subject may not manufacture the laptops in Singapore, it must have a Singapore office and service centre. It is preferred that you choose a brand that you have used or are currently using, with the first-hand experience on its sales and support services. Your answers shall be based on your experiences, observations, researched information from multiple sources such as the subject’s website, press releases, annual reports, and the application of BE theories and models.
(a) Identify the subject, with information on its operations in Singapore, e.g. its Singapore website, office and service centre addresses. Describe one way the subject segments its laptop customers. Also describe one aspect that the subject differentiates its products or services, which delights you as a customer. (8 marks)
(b) The following is a simplified Business Excellence self-assessment tool. Assume that you are an Enterprise Singapore’s Business Excellence assessor performing an assessment on the subject. You are required to practice and rate the subject according to the statements. For each statement, explain the rating that you assign by providing evidence, reasons or comments. Finally, you must compute the Total Rating and Percentage Total. For S/No.1: Leadership and S/No.2: Process, your rating can be based on either the subject’s global or Singapore operations, e.g. corporate vision or mission. For the last three (3) items, the rating must be based on its Singapore operations.
A “moment of truth” (Ref: Study Unit 4) is an instance that creates an experience for the customer that will impact his/her perception of the company. Write a short essay, in less than 700 words (indicate word count at the end of your answer), to advise Ringtex on how to apply the practice:
For laptop sales and support services provided by any brand in general, identify four (4) “moments of truth” and explain what can go wrong in them. You may write this based on any inadequate services that you have experienced or heard of. Then, discuss how Ringtex can enhance each of the five (5) Attributes of Service Quality: Reliability, Assurance, Tangibles, Empathy and Responsiveness, to provide excellent laptop sales and support services, and relate how the enhanced attribute can address at least one (1) moment of truth identified. (20 marks)
With reference to Question 3 in Section A, assume that you are the Business Consultant of Ringtex. You are contracted to advise on its business excellence journey. You are to prepare a presentation to Ringtex’s top management on the following:
1. Identify four (4) critical “moments of truth”.
2. Discuss how Ringtex can enhance the five (5) Attributes of Service Quality to address the moments of truth.
Prepare a video recording of the presentation of at least 3 minutes but not exceeding 6 minutes. There are two methods for ECA video assignment submission; either Record Media or Upload Media. For Upload Media, please note that your file size should be no more than 500MB and the format is in .mp4. (25 marks)
Prepare a set of PowerPoint presentations upon which the video presentation is based. Please note that the PowerPoint must be converted to PDF before submission to Canvas.
Get excellent business management assignment help services from the academic experts of SingaporeAssignmentHelp.com and get relaxed of securing the best grades ever. Take our my assignment help services at the lowest price possible.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- HRM09105: The purpose of this essay is to evaluate and reflect on concepts of leadership from both an academic and practitioner perspective: Leadership in Organisations Essay, ENU
- TSL571e: You are to submit the end-of-course assignment ECA in exactly the same manner as your tutor-marked: Academic Discourse: English in a Global Context Assignment, SUSS
- Critically evaluate the Wirecard scandal and case studies, define and explain: Master of Business Administration Assignment, JCU
- Discuss his thinking about routine care and transitions and carry ingoutactivities for the child arenprior: Bachelor of Early Childhood Education with Minor Assignment, SUSS
- 300MKT: The final complete project is the culmination of your independent research study: Advanced Marketing Study Course Work, CU
- Explain the relationship between the learning environment and the role of an educator: Bachelor of Early Childhood Education with Minor Assignment, SUSS
- CSCI312: Consider the following conceptual schema of an operational database owned by a multinational real estate company: Big Data Management Assignment, UOW
- SMO101: You may also wish to discuss these in tutorials, or online with your fellow students in the discussion forum: Sustainable Maritime Operations Access Course Coursework, MLA College
- PSS201: Define the concept of research ethics and Discuss the ethical principles that should be adhered to when doing research with indigenous communities: Criminological Theories and Intervention Assignment, SUSS
- FIN312: Draw the payoff diagrams of portfolios 1 and 2 on the same figure, ignoring any transaction costs: Mathematics and Programming for FinTech Assignment, SUSS