Essay Sample on Homework Should be Banned or Not
There are various debates on the banning of homework or assignments in Singapore. The college and universities in Singapore have been always keeping the students busy and involved in the homework. Therefore, various researchers and scholars have come up with theories that why the homework should be ban and why it should not.
In this article with the help of a homework helper, we are discussing some pros and cons of banning homework from institutions in Singapore.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Native Singapore Writers Team
- 100% Plagiarism-Free Essay
- Highest Satisfaction Rate
- Free Revision
- On-Time Delivery
Pros of banning homework
1. Homework does not always improve academic outcomes
It is noted from the last years that homework is not helping in good academic outcomes of the Singaporean students instead it has some negative impacts. So, if it doesn’t improve the outcome then why should the institution force students do assignments and homework.
2. It will reduce stress
If homework is banned the pressure of doing a huge amount of homework will be reduced therefore the academic stress on the students can be reduced to give them a good and healthy life.
3. It will increase the family time
Students of Singapore always complain about not having enough time to spend with family therefore the students are not emotionally attached and supported by the family.
4. It will reduce the negative impact on health
There are a lot of negative impacts of homework on the students like stress, restlessness, mental confusion, when students are not able to complete the homework they can consider themselves as academic failure which leads to impact mental health. The student may lose the curiosity to learn in life.
5. Improve sleep cycle
The sleep patterns are disturbed due to the huge amount of the burden on the students of Singapore. This shakes their sleeping cycle which makes the students sleep deprived.
6. Increase time for socialization
The students will get more time socializing when there is the pressure of homework they often forget to step out and meet and talk to people in real life.
Cons of banning homework
1. Keeps the parents involved in the educational process
When the institution sends the homework to the parents it helps them track the performance of the students. It keeps them involved in their child’s learning process.
2. Learning disabilities are found out by teacher and parent
Many students are not good at all subjects means that they are not able to understand a specific subject. The homework can find out this problem and can actually help the parents and teacher to resolve the issue by focusing on that subject.
3. Allow teacher to understand their teaching methods
Teachers also check if they are teaching in the right way or not. They see if students are understanding the topics or not by giving them the homework.
4. Teaches time management to students
Having homework in mind keeps the students disciplined and actually they manage the time to do the homework, although the quantity of the homework should be practical.
5. Improves cognitive skills
The homework gives a scope to think, learn, and write which improves the cognitive skill of the students if given in a less amount.
Experts views and conclusion
Although the decision of banning or not banning the homework from the school, colleges, and universities depend upon the Ministry of education experts says that it is only beneficial if is it given in a less amount which the students can enjoy while writing not just want to finish it as soon as possible in any way. Students can also take the help from the experts to write their homework and assignments you can check Singapore assignment help reviews to see how it has helped the students.
- Identify WSH Hazards and Implement Control Measures Assignment
- Homework Should be Banned Pros & Cons Essay
- Meritocracy in Singapore Essay Example
- Career Aspiration Essay Sample
- Coronavirus (Covid 19) Essay Example
- Gibbs Reflective Model Essay Sample
- Therapeutic Event, Doing Arts & Crafts Essay Sample
- Historical Jesus Essay Sample
- Water Scarcity in Singapore Essay Sample
- Diversity and Inclusion in Singapore Essay Sample
- Different Versions Affect the Inerrancy of the Bible Essay Sample
- Bargain Power of Buyers Essay Example for Singapore Students
- Popular Culture of Singapore Essay
- Women Rights Persuasive Essay Example
- Self Introduction Essay Example for College Students