|University||Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)|
|Subject||Mechanical Engineering System|
You are part of a team that has been sent to the South Pole for experiments on the acceleration of gravity in extreme latitudes. After some initial thoughts, you presented the idea of using a conical pendulum. One member of the team asked how this experiment could be used to determine the gravitational pull at the location. You replied stating that, for small angles of oscillation, the conical pendulum executes a simple harmonic motion.
- DERIVE is the expression for the period of oscillation of the simple conical pendulum. Use cos θ = 1 Don’t forget to include a free-body diagram.
EXPLAIN, from the obtained model, how gravity can be estimated.
- Your team, then, leaves the shelter and goes to the middle of an ice plateau. There is a frame, from whose top a steel wire is stretched, and its free end is attached to a tennis ball. After carrying out the experiment, you notice that the value calculated for the acceleration of gravity is considerably larger than expected. In a preliminary experiment, carried out inside the shed and with a metallic sphere, the value found for gravity was acceptable. Upon deliberating on what happened, some members of the team proposed explanations to you
Do you need someone to write your assignment? Then, hire an expert assignment writer from Singapore assignment help. Who can assist you write your Mechanical Engineering System Assignment in an efficient manner before the deadline at a nominal price. You can also hire us to get an online assignment writing service.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- HRM09105: The purpose of this essay is to evaluate and reflect on concepts of leadership from both an academic and practitioner perspective: Leadership in Organisations Essay, ENU
- TSL571e: You are to submit the end-of-course assignment ECA in exactly the same manner as your tutor-marked: Academic Discourse: English in a Global Context Assignment, SUSS
- Critically evaluate the Wirecard scandal and case studies, define and explain: Master of Business Administration Assignment, JCU
- Discuss his thinking about routine care and transitions and carry ingoutactivities for the child arenprior: Bachelor of Early Childhood Education with Minor Assignment, SUSS
- 300MKT: The final complete project is the culmination of your independent research study: Advanced Marketing Study Course Work, CU
- Explain the relationship between the learning environment and the role of an educator: Bachelor of Early Childhood Education with Minor Assignment, SUSS
- CSCI312: Consider the following conceptual schema of an operational database owned by a multinational real estate company: Big Data Management Assignment, UOW
- SMO101: You may also wish to discuss these in tutorials, or online with your fellow students in the discussion forum: Sustainable Maritime Operations Access Course Coursework, MLA College
- PSS201: Define the concept of research ethics and Discuss the ethical principles that should be adhered to when doing research with indigenous communities: Criminological Theories and Intervention Assignment, SUSS
- FIN312: Draw the payoff diagrams of portfolios 1 and 2 on the same figure, ignoring any transaction costs: Mathematics and Programming for FinTech Assignment, SUSS