|University||Murdoch University (MU)|
|Subject||Accounting for Managers|
- The following balances are taken from the books of Silver Company for December 2019:
Prepare a Trial Balance for Silver Company as of December 2019.
- On 1 January 2019, Orange Ltd purchased a machine for $600,000. After using the machine for 2 years, the company sold it for $492,800. The accumulate depreciation of the at the end of the 2nd year was $340,000
Calculate the gain or loss on the disposal of the machine at the end of the 2nd year.
- Strawberry Limited bought equipment costing $460,000 on 1 January 2019. The estimated useful life of the equipment is 6 years. The scrap value at the end of the useful life is $10,000. The total capacity of the equipment is 10,000 machine
The following machine hours for the first three years:
Year 1 800 hours
Year 2 1,200 hours
Year 3 2,500 hours
Calculate the annual depreciation for 2 years using the following methods:
- Straight Line Method
- Units of use Method
- Star Investments plans to develop a cinema. In the first quarter, they spent the following amounts:
Acquisition of land $1,500,000 Legal fees $41,200 Transport cost to visit the site before purchasing the land $2,800 Parking offense when signing visiting lawyers to sign the legal documents $3,000 Land clearing $29,000
- Calculate the amount to be capitalized as Land cost.
- Calculate the amount to be expensed in the income statement.
- From the list given below, you are required to classify ‘Capital Expenditure’ and ‘Revenue
- Photocopy papers bought for administrative purposes
- Christmas Bonus is given to employees
- Purchase of Machinery for production in a factory
- Software Development Costs for long term use
- Cost of renovation for office and factory premises
- Cost of installation expenses relating to machinery
- Define the following terms with relevant examples:
- Capital Expenditure
- Revenue Expenditure
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Native Singapore Writers Team
- 100% Plagiarism-Free Essay
- Highest Satisfaction Rate
- Free Revision
- On-Time Delivery
- For each of the following unrelated cases, identify the relevant accounting concept, and explain how the accounting concept is to be applied using the facts of the cases.
- Tera runs a handphone Business called ‘Tera Trading’. She purchased $190,000 worth of new S10 Supersonic Brand of mobile phones for her business and one mobile phone worth $1,500 as a gift for her younger sister. Which one of the two purchases should be recorded in the books of Tera Trading and why?
- Comfort Furniture Company sold a Sofa Set for $100,000 to a customer on 25 December 2018. By mistake, the item was recorded as sold in January 2019. Comfort Furniture Company closes its accounts on 31 December every year. How are the sales figures for the years 2018 and 2019 affected by the wrong recording?
- Sayo Comfort Ltd had bought a used plasma Television Set [TV] for $19,000 from Hillary Electronics for her café. Her friend offered to buy it from her for $21,000. At what value should the Television Set [TV] be recorded in the books of Sayo Comfort Ltd? Explain why the other value is not used.
- The following are a list of Evan Ltd transactions for the month ended 31 January
- Evan, the owner of Evan Ltd, invested $190,000 cash in his business.
- Evan bought goods on credit from Apple Ltd for $23,000.
- The business sold goods for $90,850
- The business billed a client, Mango Ltd, for $194,000 for the goods sold on credit.
- Evan drew $5,000 cash from the business for his personal use.
Prepare the journal entries for the above transactions.
The following Trial Balance has been extracted from the books of Venus Limited for the year ended 30 September 2018:
|DR $||CR $|
|Salary and wages||1,302|
|Repairs to Property||64|
|Postage and Stationery||48|
|Fixtures and fittings||28,000|
|Cash in hand||500|
|(i)||Prepaid Insurance for the year is $20.|
|(ii)||Utility expenses outstanding as at 30 September 2018 $14.|
|(iii)||The company provides a 15% depreciation on the cost of Motor vehicles.|
|(iv)||The company decided to provide a 5% allowance on trade receivables.|
|(v)||The company provides 10% depreciation on the cost of Fixtures and Fittings|
|(vi)||Closing Inventory as at 30 September 2018 was $1,200|
- Prepare an Income Statement for the year ended 30 September
- Prepare a Statement of Financial Position as at 30 September
If you have scared of accounting assignment writing then don't worry because we are here for your help. We, at Singapore Assignment Help, provide the ultimate solution of the assessment of accounting for managers. You are a just click away to get high-quality online assignment help with expert assignment writers of Singapore by which you can achieve a great score at Murdoch University.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- Nick has Joined the National Recreation Agency (NRA) as a Programme Development Executive (PDE): Conflict Management Assignment, KU
- Formulate an Emergency Response Plan (ERP) So that It would Help You to Organize: Fire Safety Manager Assignment, ITE
- TBA2105: Smartphones with Internet Connectivity are Probably be Considered More Essential Items: Web Mining Assignment, NUS
- The Chairman Said that There was No Statistic Available Therefore More Research: Event Planning & Management Assignment, SMU
- MME2151: The Lumped-Parameter Model (Also Called Lumped-Element Model, or Lumped-Component Model) Simplifies: Electro-Mechanical Systems Technology Assignment, SIT
- We Consider a Triangle ABC with Fixed Base Length b = BC and the Area of the Triangle: Mathematics Homework, NUS
- Develop a Strategy for the Retail or Manufacturing Type Organization Chosen Which will Transition: Supply Chain Management (SCM) Assignment, SMU
- BCLE002: Identify the Key Stakeholders/Players to Stage a Tradeshow that Comprises: Mice Management Assignment, TP
- BM1378/BM5082: An Abrupt Freeze to a Long-Standing Procedure: URA Halts Re-issue of Option to Purchase: Word Processing and IT Presentation Assignment, NYP
- MME2121: A Training Model of an Overhead Gantry Crane is Shown in Figure 2: Engineering Dynamics Assignment, SIT