Question (Total 100 marks)
In a Financial Times article titled “How to bring cross-cultural teams together?”, Alicia Clegg highlighted that the primary challenge many companies face when merging with another company from a different culture centres on the integration of the two groups of employees.
This ECA places you in a scenario similar to that described in Clegg’s article. A Singapore company has recently acquired a company in Shanghai and your consultancy practice has been appointed to advise them on the integration of the two workforces from both companies. Your client has handpicked a Singapore management team, comprising both senior and mid-level executives, to be stationed in Shanghai to complete the merger between the two companies and manage the new entity. As the senior cross-cultural strategist at your practice, you have been tasked to work closely with the Singapore team on the integration of the employees. The marks allocated below are a general guide to the relative importance of each part in your submitted response.
a) Identify and discuss the possible key intercultural communication challenges that the Singapore management team and the staff from Shanghai may face. Identify the potential misunderstandings and likely complaints between the Singapore team and the local staff. To adequately answer this question, you will need to understand the differences between the two cultures and how each culture communicates at the workplace. To gain further insights, you will need to conduct in-depth interviews with 2 persons. These interviewees
must meet either one of the following two criteria: (i) a Singaporean who has worked in China for at least 3 months, OR (ii) a Chinese expatriate who has worked in a Singaporean company for at least 3 months. (40 marks)
b) How can a better understanding of cross-cultural communication help the Singapore management team to improve both engagement and communication with the local staff from Shanghai? Apply relevant concepts and theories from the course as well as the findings from the interviews you have conducted to present an evidence-based explanation to your client regarding the importance of preparing the Singapore team on
cross-cultural communication. (30 marks)
c) Develop an internal communication and engagement plan that will assist the Singapore management team to foster better communication and engagement with the Chinese staff in Shanghai. The proposed programme must utilise and address the key challenges and potential misunderstandings identified in part (a).
Buy assignment Singapore services from the academic experts of SingaporeAssignmentHelp.com and get relieved of all your academic troubles. Our assignment experts hold great knowledge and experience in academic writing and offer a great masters assignment help services.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- HRM09105: The purpose of this essay is to evaluate and reflect on concepts of leadership from both an academic and practitioner perspective: Leadership in Organisations Essay, ENU
- TSL571e: You are to submit the end-of-course assignment ECA in exactly the same manner as your tutor-marked: Academic Discourse: English in a Global Context Assignment, SUSS
- Critically evaluate the Wirecard scandal and case studies, define and explain: Master of Business Administration Assignment, JCU
- Discuss his thinking about routine care and transitions and carry ingoutactivities for the child arenprior: Bachelor of Early Childhood Education with Minor Assignment, SUSS
- 300MKT: The final complete project is the culmination of your independent research study: Advanced Marketing Study Course Work, CU
- Explain the relationship between the learning environment and the role of an educator: Bachelor of Early Childhood Education with Minor Assignment, SUSS
- CSCI312: Consider the following conceptual schema of an operational database owned by a multinational real estate company: Big Data Management Assignment, UOW
- SMO101: You may also wish to discuss these in tutorials, or online with your fellow students in the discussion forum: Sustainable Maritime Operations Access Course Coursework, MLA College
- PSS201: Define the concept of research ethics and Discuss the ethical principles that should be adhered to when doing research with indigenous communities: Criminological Theories and Intervention Assignment, SUSS
- FIN312: Draw the payoff diagrams of portfolios 1 and 2 on the same figure, ignoring any transaction costs: Mathematics and Programming for FinTech Assignment, SUSS