|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||SPE209: Special Needs in the Early Years|
(a) Name two (2) disorders mentioned in the article and describe their characteristics. Characteristics to be retrieved from article and references to support.
(b)Explain the differences between the medical model and the social model of disability as discussed in the article. List at least four (4) differences in your answer. Can have 2-3 references cited here to support The discussion.
(c) Describe the mothers’ perspectives of disability when it comes to their own child who has been diagnosed with a disability or identified as being at high risk of disability. Give three (3) examples to support your answer. Examples from the article, use references to support example
Mothers and Models of Disability
Based on a qualitative anthropological study of American mothers of infants and young children newly diagnosed with a disability, this essay examines how mothers understand their children and define disability in relation to publicly available discourses of disability and identity.
in seeking to improve their children’s opportunities in mainstream society, mothers appear to comply with the medical model. But over time and in the process of providing meaning to their experience, mothers retool models, drawing both on the social and minority group models’ rejection of a problem-based definition of disability as inherently caused by impairment and on their own intimate engagement with impairment as an embodied experience.
Hire SUSS assignment writers for your SPE209: Special Needs in the Early Years Assignment. We have brilliant experts team who have years of experience in creating flawless solutions on early childhood assignments at a cost-effective price. Our experts work 24*7 hours to dissolve all doubt on SPE209: Special Needs in the Early Years Assignment.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- HRM203: prepare a Report on “Work-from-home and Employee Motivation During the Covid-19 Pandemic : Human Behaviour in Organisations Report, SUSS
- Choose a British company, which you believe has achieved superior performance, as indicated by the competitive position: Entrepreneurial Marketing in the Digital Era Assignment, NTU
- PSB365CL: adoption of CSR initiatives amongst companies in the hospitality industry: International Hospitality Operations Management Coursework, JCU
- As the newly appointed Quality Vice-President for Flex, you have been asked by the Senior Management Team to prepare: Quality Management for Organisational Excellence Assignment, MDIS
- UGB264: Select two real-life global organizations from the Food and Beverage industry. You are to compare and contrast the business ethics: Business Ethics, Responsibility and Sustainability Report, MDIS
- BUS352: Amped Inc produces and sells a consumer product To better understand its operations, Amped collects 60 months of sales and inventory dataOperations Analytics Assignment, SUSS
- PSY259e: Brutalizing is the only adjective for the public schools of that district around 1908 and ’09 Few teachers had the true vocation for their work: Personality and Individual Differences Assignment, SUSS
- ACC203: Sheng Siong staff are to get up to 16 months’ bonus after strong earnings amid COVID-19 pandemic: Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS
- Challenges of Research Findings in Social Science Provide a Review of Literature Discussing the challenges and possible solutions: Customer Insights Begins With Me Literature Review, NUS
- SEC333e: In a national statement made by Singapore’s Prime Minister, Lee Hsien Loong, at the 74th session of the United Nations General Assembly on 27 Sep 2019:Government and Security Assignment, SUSS