|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||PSS305: Criminological Theories and Intervention|
Suicide remains an inherently complex behavior, with no one definitive cause. It is often difficult to explain exactly how people facing a crisis perceive and interpret their daily lives as it usually includes a deep sense of despair, helplessness, hopelessness, and a sense of being overwhelmed by the loss of meaning in one’s life. On 9 September 2018, the Penal Code review committee called for the law on attempted suicide to be repealed. On 6 May
2019, the law was officially amended to decriminalize suicide. As of 1 January 2020, attempting suicide is not illegal in Singapore. A person who attempts suicide will not be punished for trying.
- Examine the reasons for criminalizing suicide. You may refer to both the local and global contexts.
- From a social constructionist perspective of crime and deviance, analyze Singapore’s decision to decriminalize suicide.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Native Singapore Writers Team
- 100% Plagiarism-Free Essay
- Highest Satisfaction Rate
- Free Revision
- On-Time Delivery
When it comes to homework help, Singaporeassignmenthelp.com is one of the top-rated resources in the region. Despite its very affordable prices, we offer outstanding quality homework assistance with professional writers who are experienced in different fields. So if you’re looking for reliable, professional help with your homework, our assignment help website is the perfect place to go!
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- Warehousing in its many guises appears at different points across supply chain networks. The intermodal choice: Transport and Inventory Management Assignment, NUN
- SOC265: Since the 1950s, Singapore has undergone rapid urbanization and continues to do so today. Rapid urbanization has resulted: Urban Sociology Assignment, SUSS
- BUS307: Lee Ltd and Ng Corporation negotiate a $25 million, 5-year interest-rate swap in which Lee will pay a 4.25% fixed rate to Ng: Commercial Banking Assignment, MU
- The advantages and limitations of using marginal costing and the contribution income statement: Cost Accounting Essay, KU
- The Social and Family Development minister wants to propose that the Act be amended to exclude same-sex couples: Legal Methods Essay, NTU
- Greenland Pte Ltd supplies materials to construction companies in Singapore. In 2019, the company experienced: Management and Negotiation Skills Assignment, SMU
- Analyse and compare a selection of characters from Volpone, The Duchess of Malfi, and ’Tis Pity She’s a Whore: Jacobean Drama Assignment, SUSS
- MKT3402A: Demonstrate a critical understanding of the main theories in consumer behavior and how these can be applied: Consumer Behavior Course Work, NUS
- You are a consultant for a new Mexican restaurant in Singapore, and you have been tasked to consult the owners: Hotel Management Report, JCU
- ACC491: On 1 January 20×0, Aspen Ltd acquired 60% of the shares of Birch Ltd, when the fair value of Birch Ltd’s identifiable net assets: Advanced Consolidation and Corporate Reporting Assignment, SUSS