Prepare a report detailing all the cost-cutting measures that you will propose in the Housekeeping department without drastically affecting the quality of service in your hotel. You are to justify all your proposed recommendations.
Project Scenario: You are the Housekeeper of Hotel Prestige. The economic outlook has taken a turn for the worse and tourist arrival has dropped. Occupancy for your hotel has been re-forecasted to 50.4% from the original 88.2% for the remaining months of this year. Hotel Prestige has 300 guest rooms. 2 meeting rooms, 1 Bathroom, 1 Cafe and 1 Lobby Lounge
1) Room Quote for each Attendant is 15 credits per shift
2) Currently, there are 20 full-time Room Attendants
3) Each Room Attendant is entitled to 1 off day per week, 11 public holiday per year, 14 days annual leave, 14 days medical leave
4) Housekeeping has a pool of part-times to assist in room cleaning when occupancy is high.
5) Housekeeping provides 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 2 face towels, 1 bathmat and 1 bath rug in each room
6) Amenities include 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 bath gel, 1 30g bar soap, 1 10kg bar soap, 1 shower cap, 1 emery cap, 1 comb, 1 shaver, 1 vanity kit, 1 sewing kit and 2 toothbrushes with mini toothpaste
7) Housekeeping provides night turndown services for all occupied rooms
1) Housekeeping uses a contract cleaning of public areas
2) There are 5 Public Area cleaners(under hotel payroll and not contract cleaning company handling the day time clearing)
1) Housekeeping uses an out-sourced laundry contractor to handle the washing of room linens, F&B linens, guest laundry, and staff uniform
2) There are 3 uniform attendants in the linen room
1) Housekeeping uses an external florist to supply fresh flowers to the hotel. The current contract includes 4 fresh flower arrangements in the lobby that are changed on a weekly basis. Fresh Flowers are also provided in all VIP rooms.