|University||Singapore Management University (SMU)|
|Subject||Strategic Management and Leadership|
We connect for a better future
Our aim is to improve one billion lives and halve our environmental impact
A converged communications technology leader, enabling the digital society
To extend our competitive advantage and improve returns by:
During the past year we have experienced a significant fall in our share price. Despite good performance in most markets, we faced increasing competition in Spain and Italy, as well as pressures in South Africa during the second half of the year. Although we met our financial guidance, our revenue growth slowed during the year and 5G spectrum auction costs were high, reducing our financial headroom and contributing to downward pressure on our share price. A decline in the value of our listed stake in Vodafone Idea was a further headwind.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Native Singapore Writers Team
- 100% Plagiarism-Free Essay
- Highest Satisfaction Rate
- Free Revision
- On-Time Delivery
Rebasing the dividend to support Vodafone’s transformation and rebuild headroom
Vodafone is at a key point of transformation – deepening customer engagement, accelerating digital transformation, radically simplifying our operations, generating better returns from our infrastructure assets, and continuing to optimize our portfolio. In order to support these goals and to rebuild the headroom, the Board has made the decision to rebase the dividend to 9 euro cents per share. This will help us to reduce debt and move to the lower end of our targeted 2.5x-3.0x leverage range in the next few years. On pages 24 and 25, Margherita describes the comprehensive program of further deleveraging actions that we are taking, including the sale of our business in New Zealand for €2.1 billion which we announced in May 2019.
Evolving our strategy to address industry headwinds
1. What are the key drivers of change in the communications industry as a whole? What do you expect their impact to be over the next five years?
2. How do you expect the UK communications industry to converge in this ever-changing global business environment? How attractive will that industry be?
3. After reading Vodafone’s strategic report from 2019, critically evaluate its strategy in relation to the key drivers of change in the communications industry you identified in response to question 1.
Singapore Assignment Help has highly qualified and experienced assignment writers for strategic management assignments. SMU students can ask to do my assignment of strategic management and leadership for any topic. Our writers will provide your appropriate assessment answers to strategic management and leadership assignments after doing robust research on the assignment topic.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- critique the law (the instrument) and makes recommendations to the team in the harmonization project on how the reformation of that law could be useful: Transnational Commercial Law Report
- Persuading Singaporeans to support Singapore’s present defence policy is becoming increasingly challenging: Military Studies Minor Essay, SUSS
- S3709C: propose a training regime to achieve the client’s goal(s) Maurice is a 40-year-old foreign exchange trader: Fitness and Conditioning Coursework, RP
- Your manager has reviewed and satisfied with your engineering services delivering plan: Unit 35: Professional Engineering Management Report
- CSCI361: you are to design and implement (t, n) Shamir’s secret sharing scheme as described in the lecture in C++, Java or Python: Cryptography and Secure Applications Assignment, UOW
- BME215e: The ongoing global pandemic of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infections is causing deaths daily: Clinical Trials Report, SUSS
- HBC201: Studies have suggested that people suffering from depressive disorders tend to seek support from their families: Research Methods for the Social and Behavioural Sciences Assignment, SUSS
- HRM263: The Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic is caused by a highly infectious virus that could have severe health consequences: Team Dynamics Assignment, SUSS
- OMGT2228: A well-known commercial bank in Australia is interested in estimating the number of new bank account opened by customers in each year: OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT Assignment, RMIT
- HCM551: The CHRO has recently attended a conference – “The Future of Work after Covid” and “Total Rewards Management in the New Normal: Human Capital Management in the New Normal Assignment, SUSS