|University||National University of Singapore (NUS)|
|Subject||Business in the Globalized Economy|
Countries nowadays are increasingly integrated within the Global Value Chains (GVCs). The disruptions to GVCs caused by the Covid-19 pandemic have led to a growing debate on whether globalization has gone too far. Some politicians and policymakers argue we depend on foreign supplies so much that this reduces the resilience of our own economy in response to a crisis. Hence, we should gain self-sufficiency via reshoring or localization of production.
You are asked to write a report on trade policies/measures adopted by countries during the pandemic and the role of GVCs in the world’s economic recovery from the pandemic.
- In response to a crisis or shock, protectionism tends to arise. The global financial crisis in 2008 is an example of this. The Covid-19 pandemic is another recent example.
a) Protectionism is manifested in a country’s trade policies/measures. Describe the protectionism in terms of trade policies/measures adopted by countries for the global financial crisis in 2008 and the recent global pandemic. Is there any difference between the trade policies/measures adopted between the two crises?
b) Now focus on trade policies/measures during the recent global pandemic: Did they last long? Provide a critique of these policies/measures.
- Is globalization/GVCs the one we should blame for the insecure supply of medical goods during the pandemic? Is reshoring or localization of production the best approach to deal with a crisis like Covid-19 or similar crises?
- After three years of the pandemic, Did global trade recover quickly? What factors can affect its recovery?
- What other policies should governments pursue to secure important medical goods, and to enhance the resilience of the economy in general, in response to a similar crisis?
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
Get expert online assignment assistance in Singapore at Singapore Assignment Help. Our team of experienced writers and subject matter experts is ready to provide you with top-quality solutions for your business in the globalized economy assignment. With our reliable and timely services, you can ensure excellent grades and academic success. You also contact us today for International Business Assignments Help at a low price.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- PSY259: In recent years there has been an exponential increase in interest in a set of socially aversive traits collectively referred: Personality and Individual Differences Report, SUSS
- A critical understanding of the origins and various approaches to strategic management. A critical understanding: Strategic Management Essay, NUS
- Choose an organization you are either currently working or you have some experience with or are familiar with: Human Resource Management Essay, EBIC
- BSL202: Lorraine has just graduated with a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Art History. She has a specialization in 15th-century Italian artwork: Workplace Law Assignment, MU
- CP5520: Construct either a model-theoretic interpretation or a proof-theoretic interpretation of the above rules using: Advanced Databases and Applications Assignment, JCU
- HLT6052: Evaluate the importance of public relations to the tourism, hospitality, and events industries, with particular: Public Relations and Sponsorship for Tourism, Hospitality & Events Assignment, CMU
- Comparing Amazon Go to traditional brick-and-mortar supermarket shopping, what are some data that can be collected: Data Science and Machine Learning Assignment, NUS
- Scott is a 16-year-old that is uncomfortable and fearful in social situations. He would break out in perspiration when: Foundation Psychology Essay, NTU
- One of the critical elements to strategically managing a property portfolio involves the regular building condition: Review of BCI and FCI Dissertation, EIT
- High-Speed Testers (HST) is a company that specializes in manufacturing semiconductor test machines: Inventory Cost and Management Assignment, TP