|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||COR160: Essential Academic Writing Skills|
Read Text A carefully and write an argumentative essay of about 600-700 words in response to the following question.
Singapore government is increasing the benefits for parents to have babies due to the pandemic situation. Some people think this is essential to boost the birth rate that has been extremely low in Singapore; however, others believe more focus should be shifted to the benefits provided to the elderly. Which view do you agree?
Use the information from the text below as well as your knowledge to support your arguments. When using the information from text A, you are expected to acknowledge the source of it.
Singapore offers ‘pandemic baby bonus’ to boost births
Singapore is offering a one-off payment to encourage people to have babies during the coronavirus pandemic. The worry is that citizens are putting off parenthood as they struggle with financial stress and job layoffs. Details of the amount that could be paid have yet to be released. It is in addition to several hefty baby bonuses offered by the government.
Singapore has one of the lowest birth rates in the world, which it has struggled to boost for decades. It is in stark contrast to some of its neighbours such as Indonesia and the Philippines, which are facing the prospect of a massive spike in pregnancies from their coronavirus lockdowns.
“We have received feedback that Covid-19 has caused some aspiring parents to postpone their parenthood plans,” Singapore’s Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee Keat said on Monday.
Mr Heng said more details about amounts and how they will be paid would be announced at a later date. Singapore’s current baby bonus system provides eligible parents up to S$10,000 ($7,330, £5,644) in benefits.
Singapore’s fertility rate touched an eight-year low in 2018, according to government data, at a rate of 1.14 births per woman. Many Asian countries face a similar issue of falling fertility rates, which could worsen during the pandemic downturn.
Earlier this year, China’s birth rate fell to its lowest since the formation of the People’s Republic of China 70 years ago. This came despite the easing of the much-criticised one-child policy.
But some of Singapore’s neighbours face the opposite problem. In the Philippines, unintended pregnancies are forecast to spike by almost half to 2.6 million if Covid 19-induced movement restrictions remain until year-end, according to the United Nations Population Fund.
“These numbers are an epidemic in itself,” Aimee Santos, a spokesperson for UN agency in the Philippines, said last month. The Philippines has the second-highest population in South East Asia at 108.4 million. It has one of the region’s worst virus outbreaks with more than 307,000 infections.
“These issues of women and children have largely remained invisible during the pandemic. It’s time to put them front and centre,” Senator Risa Hontiveros, head of the chamber’s committee on women, said last month. She has backed calls for more female officials in the nation’s task force against the coronavirus outbreak.
Looking for pay to write my essay on COR160: Essential Academic Writing Skills? then don't worry at Singapore Assignment Help we have a team of brilliant essay writers who have years of experience in creating well-constructed essay papers on an English assignment. so what are you waiting for just hire argumentative essay writing to get a higher rank in your COR160: Essential Academic Writing Skills at a cheap price.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- Jacob Comes Across Much Interesting Credit Card Offers on the RZN Bank’s Facebook Page: Law Report, NUS
- Based on Enabling Masterplans, the Ministry of Education Had Partnered with SPED Schools to Raise the Quality of Curriculum: Master of Education Assignment, NTU
- SPE209: Name two (2) Disorders Mentioned in the Article and describe their Characteristics. Characteristics to be Retrieved From Article and References to Support: Special Needs in the Early Years Assignment, SUSS
- The COVID-19 Pandemic has Curbed air Travel and Reduced the Load Factors for Many Airlines: Aviation Legislation And Human Factors Essay, TP
- LOG302: Prepare a short Essay on the Contributions of Supply Chain Control Tower in the Logistics Industry: Supply Chain Information Management And Technology Essay, SUSS
- SDE105: Singapore Emphasises the Pursuit of life-long Learning for all its Citizens, Young and Old: Academic Writing Essay, SUSS
- BPM303: Advanced Property Investment Group (API) is an Overseas Property Investment Company and Based in the USA: Project Development and Finance Assignment, SUSS
- After Having Viewed the Video Clips and Worked Through the Extended Reading, Please Respond to the Below Discussion Prompt: Strategic Sales Management Assignment, HU
- Select the Dataset(s) of your Choice You can use Data from Your Workplace, Create your own or Consider Getting Data: Specialist Diploma in Applied Artificial Intelligence Coursework, RP
- MNGT3002: You are a consultant engaged to analyse and assess the organisation’s current KM capacity: Knowledge Management Report, UoN