|University||Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP)|
|Subject||Contemporary Perspectives of Childhood|
Consider and analyse the factors that act upon contemporary perspectives of childhood and articulate, with justification, personal beliefs, and values.
At the end of the module, the students will be able:
- To synthesise recent research, theory, and policies that contribute to contemporary perspectives of childhood
- To critically analyse a range of factors that impact contemporary perspectives of childhood.
- To reflect on contemporary issues of childhood, clarify and articulate personal beliefs and values.
- To communicate in an appropriate academic style, drawing on a wide range of sources including journal articles that are referenced accurately using the Harvard Referencing system.
Foetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD): raising awareness in early years settings
With an increasing number of children attending educational settings presenting unidentified and emerging special educational needs, the opportunity and necessity for staff to provide support to vulnerable children and their families is immense. It is essential, therefore, that education staff has the confidence to identify and meet such needs, and that they are supported in these endeavors with information and resources aimed at improving outcomes for such children, through directed early childhood intervention and adaptive teaching techniques.
History and prevalence of FASD
First officially recognised by Jones and Smith (1973, 1975), foetal alcohol syndrome (FAS) has received considerable worldwide attention in recent years. Prenatal alcohol exposure has now been recognised as a major public health issue in all industrialised nations, as well as in many developing countries where alcohol abuse by women of childbearing age is common. Indeed, foetal alcohol exposure is the leading known preventable cause of intellectual disabilities in the western world (Abel & Sokel, 1987; Stratton, Howe & Battaglia, 1996).
This type of essay writing assignment is solved by our professional essay writers who have many years of experience in writing essays on Contemporary Perspectives of Childhood. Our assignment help experts are efficient to provide a fresh solution to these types of assessments.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- Employee Motivation is the Aspect on Which the Organisation, American Express (AMEX) Pays: Organisational Theory and Behaviour Assignment, SIM
- MED 900: You are Required to Identify a Research Problem (or Research Topic) in Psychology: Educational Inquiry Assignment, NTU
- In Order to Achieve a Sustainable, Zero-waste Economy, Agricultural Waste: Chemical Engineering Assignment, NUS
- Beacon Manufacturing Pty Ltd will be Having Its Annual Sales kick-off: International Hospitality Events and Operations Assignment, KU
- FMT311: BCA Green Mark for Existing Non-residential Buildings 2017: Green Building Assessment Standards Assignment, SUSS
- In June 2008, Live Nation CEO Michael Rapino and Chairman Michael Cohl: Strategic Management Case Study, SMU
- You are a Research and Development Engineer for a Fermenter Supply Company: Chemical Engineering Assignment, NUS
- SCO103: You are a Junior Member of an Elite Media Relations and Communications Agency: New Empires: The Reach and Frontiers of the Tech Sector Assignment, SUSS
- HFS371: In Support of Your Company’s Business Expansion Plan, Your Selected Site is Required to Carry Out Renovation: Risk Assessment and Management Assignment, SUSS
- BLAW1002: Consider the Market for Merchant Ships: Markets and Legal Frameworks Assignment, CU