|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||BUS107: Quantitative Methods|
- ErgoPillow is an online shop selling two different models of ergonomic pillow which helps to relieve sore necks. It sells the deluxe and premium versions for $50 and $80 each. The deluxe pillow is imported from a supplier in India while the premium pillow is imported from a supplier in Thailand. The finance team has informed us that both pillow models give the same profit of $10 per pillow.
The pillows are sent via ocean freight in containers and each container can carry up to 1,000 pillows. The sales team has forecasted that the aggregated sales is 50 containers of pillows in a year and must make advance arrangements to order from the suppliers and book the shipment due to two considerations: long shipment time and potential loss due to piracy. Order is by container units and orders can be placed throughout the year.
The shipment time is 16 days and 7 days from India and Thailand, respectively. ErgoPillow has requested for the average shipping time for its orders to be capped at 10 days maximum. The shipping cost per pillow from India and Thailand is 20% and 10% of the pillow selling price, respectively. Also, 8% of orders from Thailand are lost due to piracy while India suffers a loss of 4% of its orders annually. The management is willing to accept nothing more than 8 orders gone missing due to piracy. To ensure stable supply, at least 30% of its orders must be placed with each supplier.
ErgoPillow management is very particular about the shipping cost and would like you to recommend how the orders should be placed between the two suppliers. State qualitatively the objective, decision variables, and constraints. Then formulate the problem as an LP model. After that, solve it using the graphical solution procedure. Please limit the answer to two pages.
- The supplier in India would like to boost their sales with ErgoPillow and they proposed to reduce their shipment time with no additional cost. Apply the appropriate LP concept and show whether this proposal might work or not.
- Your company is a business consulting company that advises companies on optimizing their operations using LP. You are invited to your child’s primary school class where parents are invited to share about what they do for a living.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Take the stress out of writing assignments with professional assignment writers from Singaporeassignmenthelp.com! Get expert advice on how to craft the perfect semester paper or assignment for any subject. Also. our experts provide cheap assignment help that includes free revisions so you’re guaranteed to be satisfied with the end result. With our experienced and knowledgeable writers, you can be sure of receiving quality work that meets all your requirements.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- PSY259: In recent years there has been an exponential increase in interest in a set of socially aversive traits collectively referred: Personality and Individual Differences Report, SUSS
- A critical understanding of the origins and various approaches to strategic management. A critical understanding: Strategic Management Essay, NUS
- Choose an organization you are either currently working or you have some experience with or are familiar with: Human Resource Management Essay, EBIC
- BSL202: Lorraine has just graduated with a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Art History. She has a specialization in 15th-century Italian artwork: Workplace Law Assignment, MU
- CP5520: Construct either a model-theoretic interpretation or a proof-theoretic interpretation of the above rules using: Advanced Databases and Applications Assignment, JCU
- HLT6052: Evaluate the importance of public relations to the tourism, hospitality, and events industries, with particular: Public Relations and Sponsorship for Tourism, Hospitality & Events Assignment, CMU
- Comparing Amazon Go to traditional brick-and-mortar supermarket shopping, what are some data that can be collected: Data Science and Machine Learning Assignment, NUS
- Scott is a 16-year-old that is uncomfortable and fearful in social situations. He would break out in perspiration when: Foundation Psychology Essay, NTU
- One of the critical elements to strategically managing a property portfolio involves the regular building condition: Review of BCI and FCI Dissertation, EIT
- High-Speed Testers (HST) is a company that specializes in manufacturing semiconductor test machines: Inventory Cost and Management Assignment, TP