|University||Murdoch University (MU)|
|Subject||BSC203: Introduction to ICT Research Methods|
The lecture introduced some ‘basic tools of quality. This term is used for graphical techniques that have been identified as being helpful for troubleshooting issues related to quality:
- Cause–effect diagrams (Ishikawa diagrams)
- Control charts
- Run charts
- Scatter diagrams
- Pareto chart
1.Choose three of these tools and search on the Internet to identify how each can be used to help in monitoring and controlling a project.
2.Include the following in your portfolio for each of the three tools chosen:
a. A brief description of the tool
b.An explanation of how it can be used in project management
c. A reference list of all sources of information you used to complete this.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Native Singapore Writers Team
- 100% Plagiarism-Free Essay
- Highest Satisfaction Rate
- Free Revision
- On-Time Delivery
This activity adds to your Project Management knowledge by looking at how project Stakeholders are identified and managed. The ultimate goal of project management is to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations for a project, so you must first identify who your particular project stakeholders are. The table below maps the Project Stakeholder Management knowledge area against the project management process groups to illustrate activities associated with project stakeholders.
|Project Management Process Groups|
|Knowledge Area||Initiating||Planning||Executing||Monitoring and Controlling||Closing|
|Project Stakeholder Management||Identify stakeholders||Plan Stakeholder Management||Manage stakeholder engagement||Control stakeholder engagement|
Two key outputs of this process include:
Stakeholder register: a document that includes details related to the identified project stakeholders
Stakeholder management strategy: an approach to help increase the support from stakeholders throughout the project; this often includes sensitive information
You will undertake some stakeholder management activities based on the project mentioned in Activity 2 above, where researchers are planning a research project to trial 3D printing technology to print and implant living bone cells. The participants in the project would be human patients with bone cancer, and the research team would include medical specialists, bioengineers, and computer scientists.
The following resources might be of use:
A Wikipedia article on stakeholder management: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stakeholder_management
A tutorial on stakeholder analysis: http://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newPPM_07.htm
What you need to do:
1.Identify the project stakeholders
Produce a list of the main project stakeholders (aim for at least 8 stakeholders). Remember that although stakeholders may be both organizations and people, ultimately you must communicate with people. Where possible identify the individual stakeholders (people or roles) who affect (or are affected by) your project. Make assumptions as necessary.
2. Prioritize the stakeholders
Map out the stakeholders you have identified using a matrix like the one below, and classify them by their power over the project and by their interest in the project. An interactive version is available from http://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newPPM_07.htmif you would like to use it.
3. Understand your key stakeholders
You need to know more about your key stakeholders including how they are likely to feel about and react to your project. Create a key stakeholder analysis in the form of a table that lists each of the stakeholders in the High Power quadrants and for each of them provides a brief description of the stakeholder and describes their likely stance toward the project and issues associated with it.
NOTE: The work you do on this question should be included in your Project Management Portfolio. This is the last component of the Project Management Portfolio
This activity concludes your Project Management knowledge by looking at how projects are closed. Throughout each phase, lessons are learned and opportunities for improvement are discovered. In order to continuously improve the success of projects, documenting the lessons learned helps a project team to identify the causes of problems that occurred and avoid them in later projects.
The objective of a Lessons Learned Report is to collect all the relevant information. Look at the lecture slides from Topic 6 to refresh your memory.
Write a Lessons Learned Report for a project you have worked on. This project could be:
I. An assignment you have done for this unit
ii. An assignment you have done for any other unit
iii. Any project you are able to report on.
Your Lessons Learned Report should include the following sections:
- Briefly describe the project.
Achievement of scope and time constraints
- Discuss whether the project met scope and time constraints. That is, were you able to do everything that was planned, and finish/submit on time?
What went right?
- Describe one example of what went right on this project.
What went wrong?
- Describe one example of what went wrong on this project.
- Briefly discuss what the main lessons you learned from this project were. This should include both in terms of managing the project, and in terms of skills that may be useful to you in the future.
Implications for the Poster Presentation project
- Discuss what you will do differently on the Poster Presentation project based on your experiences with this and other projects.
If any student faces a problem in Bsc203: Introduction To ICT Research Methods Assignment? they can avail of the professional assignment maker service. Our well-qualified experts could help you with research method writing. They are available 24*7 provides plagiarized free assignment writing before your college or university deadline.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- LOG317: Consider Your Current Employment or an Organisation you are Familiar With: PROCUREMENT STRATEGY AND POLICY Assignment, SUSS
- ACC202: Question 1 At the start of 2021, Henry opened an Interior Design Business The following were Transactions: Financial and Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS
- Challenges in Recognizing Personal/professional Weakness and how it may Have Hampered your Personal and or Professional Development: Specialist Diploma In Digital Marketing & Communication Management Coursework, TP
- ACC202: Question 3 You Have just Joined an SGX-listed Company The CEO has Asked you to Write a Report on the Financial Performance: Financial and Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS
- Many Firms Target the Lead Users or Innovators with their New Products : Marketing Principles Assignment, TP
- ECON1035: The Role of Temperature in Economic Development has Been an Important Question: Business Statistics Report,
- FIN382: You Have been Hired to Advise the Executive Team of a Construction and Engineering Firm: Risk Management for Finance and Technology Assignment, SUSS
- ACC202: Question 2 2020 was a Challenging year for Momo Hardware Hit by a Sharp fall in sales, the Company allowed Credit sales for the First Time: Financial and Managerial Accounting Assignment, SUSS
- FIN383: Question 1 Ant, the Titan of Fintech in China, is Seeking a dual listing in Hong Kong and Shanghai: Financial Technologies and Innovations Assignment, SUSS
- Attend a Meeting Regarding Restructuring their IT infrastructure and Services: Business Computing and Information Systems Assignment, UCLAN