|University||The Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT)|
|Subject||BAFI1005: Financial Markets and Institutions|
Your team works for a renowned FX trading company, Snowy River Ltd. The company specializes in trading major currencies such as the Australian Dollar (AUD), British Pound (GBP), Canadian Dollar (CAD), Euro (EUR), Japanese Yen (JPY), New Zealand Dollar (NZD), Swiss Franc (CHF)and US Dollar (USD). The company also trades various foreign exchange-related derivatives for
In addition, it provides general advice to other clients who trade for themselves. The firm’s chief trading executive, Jayden Yap, has requested your team’s expertise in trading foreign currencies in order to improve the firm’s trading strategy and profits. You have been asked to prepare a detailed report in this regard. In your report, you must address the following scenarios:
Use the three/four market views developed by your team in stage 1, and use the market views to devise speculation strategies that enable your organization to take advantage of your predicted changes in exchange rates. You should specify which currencies you will buy or sell. As part of your strategy, you must create a portfolio and this portfolio will comprise of
the currency pairs analyzed in your market view.
The senior management has allocated you 400,000,000 units of each currency as the initial balance for your speculation strategy if you are speculating on AUD, GBP, CAD, EUR, NZD, CHF, or USD and 25,000,000,000 units if you are speculating on JPY. For instance, if you are speculating on AUD/EUR and decided to short the EUR, then you have been allocated
400,000,000 EURs for this purpose. The corresponding long/short position should be calculated using bid/ask rates provided in Table 1.
Please note that you must speculate on ALL currency pairs based on your stage 1 market view. You must then take long and short positions in the respective currencies in accordance with your market view as a price taker. In the report, you are requested to provide a brief summary of your market views before demonstrating your long/short speculation strategy.
These long and short positions will constitute your portfolio’s current opening position. Based on your initial position you must choose the most appropriate quotations among Bank A, B, and C in Table 1, estimate the opening AUD value of your portfolio using the corresponding mid rates, and update your position summary table below with your speculative position.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Native Singapore Writers Team
- 100% Plagiarism-Free Essay
- Highest Satisfaction Rate
- Free Revision
- On-Time Delivery
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- HBC203: Ravi, a communications researcher, wants to find out if Singaporean parents’ concern about their children’s exposure: Statistics and Data Analysis for the Social and Behavioral Sciences Assignment, SUSS
- Discuss 5 issues faced with having workforce diversity within your organization. Explain the issues you have: Workforce Diversity Essay, SIM
- LB5402: There are six purposes of a performance management system. From the case, identify and explain the THREE (3) purposes: Performance Management and Appraisal Assignment, JCU
- BSBSUS401: A person who demonstrates competence in this unit must be able to provide evidence of the ability to implement and monitor: Implement and Monitor Environmentally Sustainable Work Practices Case Study, DU
- POL298: With reference to different conceptual approaches in IPE, critically evaluate arguments for and against free international trade: International Political Economy Essay, MU
- 2005 MKT: You have decided to launch a new shower gel in Singapore You are required to prepare a detailed marketing plan for the launch: Marketing Management Report, Singapore
- Previously, in a non-digitalised world customer engagement was based around human interactions. However, now that the transactions: Consumer Behavior in the Digital Age Essay, UOE
- SWK356: Concerning the case study, appraise FIVE (5) underlying objectives of the IAmGoingHome project about Singapore’s: Social Work in Healthcare Assignment, SUSS
- HFS201: Describe human physical capabilities and limitations and their relevance to workplace design. Identify risk factors: Workplace Evaluation and Design Essay, SUSS
- SOC356: What were some social trends or issues that resonated with you in SOC356? Why did they do so and how would you relate: Urban Sociology Assignment, SUSS