|University||The Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT)|
|Subject||ACCT1046: Accounting in Organisations and Society|
Question 7 Organisational value chain diagram
Use Porter’s Value Chain Diagram as a starting point to prepare your own diagram showing your business’ value chain and upload the diagram here as your answer to this question,
The diagram you create needs to look professional so it cannot be hand-written. You can use word or other programs to create the diagram.
Not only is presentation of the diagram important, but the content of the diagram is also important. Make sure that you:
- List and elaborate further on the primary activities for your business (i.e., all activities from inbound logistics, manufacture/delivery of service, outbound logistics, marketing, sales and after-sales).
- Your value chain diagram needs to be specially aligned with getting your idea to the market
- Your value chain activities must be business specific and reflect the context of your business. For example, if you are running an accounting firm, “manufacturing” would not be part of your value chain as one of your key activities. In some businesses, the support activities, such as R&D, are very important. You need to contextualise the value chain to your business. 2.0
Question 8 Description – Organisational Value Chain
In regard to the organisational value chain diagram, you created for your business in answering question 7, describe the value chain activities that are in the diagram for your business ensuring that you focus on the important activities listed in your value chain as they apply to your business.
Question 9 Value adding activity
Identify one (1) value adding activity from your value chain and explain why you believe it adds value
Question 10 Non-value adding activity
Identify one (1) non-value adding activity from your value chain and explain why you believe it does not add value
Question 11 Variable costs
Identify two (2) variable costs associated with your proposed idea/innovation/initiative and for EACH variable cost you identify, explain why you believe it is a variable cost.
No actual/fictitious number is required. 2.0
Question 12 Fixed costs
Identify two (2) fixed costs associated with your proposed idea/innovation/initiative and for EACH fixed cost you identify, explain why you believe it is a fixed cost.
No actual/fictitious number is required. 2.0
Questions 13 to 16 require you to provide answers that are used to report to stakeholders on the impact your business could potentially have on society and/or the environment. This will depend on the type of business you have selected. Remember to provide answers that are specifically related to your business!
Question 13 Approach to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
What does CSR mean to the industry your business is in (from a global perspective)? What does CSR mean to your business (from a local perspective)?
Question 14 Environmental/resource impacts
(i) Explain the impacts (negatively or positively or both) that your business could have on the environment. E.g. a particular manufacturing process may contribute negatively on the local water supply. E.g Cloud-based apps can save packaging
(ii)Then describe the actions that could be taken to support (further enhance) or mitigate (reduce) these CSR impacts.
Question 15 Community impact & engagement
(i) Explain the impacts (negatively or positively or both) that your business could have on the community/communities.
(ii) Then describe the actions that could be taken to support (further enhance) or mitigate (reduce) these CSR impacts.
Question 16 Internal stakeholders
(i) Identify the internal stakeholders of your business and explain the impacts (negatively or positively or both) that your business could have on these internal stakeholders.
(iii)Then describe the actions that could be taken to support (further enhance) or mitigate (reduce) these CSR impacts.
Question 17 Business competitor
Find and identify an existing (real) business that would be a likely competitor to your business (or one closely aligned to your business).
Identify and criticise, with evidence, the approach the likely competitor you identified takes to sustainability.
Question 18 Performance Measures – Financial
Identify one financial measure that will be used to measure the success of your business idea/innovation/initiative and explain why you believe this is an important measure in the context of your business idea/innovation/initiative
No actual/fictitious number is required.
Question 19 Performance Measures – Non-financial
(i) Identify two (2) non-financial measures which are linked to the Sustainability Development Goals (SDGs) and that are relevant to your business (make sure you search SDGs and cite the reference source in your reference list) that will be used to measure the success of your business idea/innovation/initiative.
(ii)Explain why you believe each of these is an important measure in the context of your business idea/innovation/initiative.
No actual/fictitious number is required.
Question 20 Professional Ethics for Accountants
Complete the Bogart Accounting Ethics serious game ensuring you allow around 60 minutes to do so. Click on link under RESOURCES or go directly to Canvas/Modules to access the game.
Include a screenshot that clearly shows the outcome you achieved at the end of the serious game.
Reflect on the learning you gained from undertaking the simulation and describe one insight you gained from undertaking the simulation (i.e., what did you learn from it that you may not have been aware of before)
Describe one ethical dilemma that an accountant in your business might face. Must be relevant to your business.
Apply the conceptual framework in the Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants to the potential ethical dilemma you have described, by identifying and describing the threats that might result in non-compliance with the fundamental principles of the code, and how the accountant could evaluate and address the threat(s).
Question 21 Micro-credential Reflection
Only answer this question after you have uploaded the similarity report screenshot to the previous question.
Drawing on the knowledge you learned from completing the micro-credential, provide an explanation for your similarity score.
E.g., how did you achieve the score you did?
E.g., what factors impacted this result and how you can improve in the future?
Include a screenshot that clearly shows the similarity percentage obtained for your report
*Your mark for this question is not dependent on the similarity score itself but the justification you provide. This question is testing your ability to reflect on the learning from the micro-credential.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Our assignment experts are always ready to solve your ACCT1046: Accounting in Organisations and Society Assignment before the deadline. our talented accounting assignment writers provide error-free and 100% plagiarism-free solutions on ACC201 Financial Accounting Assignment, Financial Accounting Theory Assignment, BUS356 Contemporary Financial Accounting Assignment, and ACC203 Managerial Accounting Assignment at a reasonable price.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- Nursing documentation is an essential component of nursing practice. However, nurses are more inclined towards: Nursing Assignment, NYP
- Elaborate on how Johnny may benefit from the psychotherapeutic interventions. As the attending therapist: Counselling Essay, JCU
- One of Patrick Wolfe’s most salient encapsulations of the operations of the settler colonial state is his assertion: Biopolitical Modalities Coursework, DU
- Critically evaluate the entrepreneurial marketing strategies/tactics that have been employed at different stages: Entrepreneurship Report, NUS
- The Mental Rehabilitation Model had been the dominant paradigm in the mental health service of Hong Kong: Biological Influences on Human Behavior Essay, SUSS
- CVE1222: A wooden beam is loaded with several point forces, as depicted in Fig.1. It is supported by a pin at B and a smooth support: Structural Analysis 1 Coursework, NTU
- SWK203e: Review the journal article by Liu that investigated how people living in Hong Kong coped with major mental disorders: Biological Influences on Human Behavior Assignment, SUSS
- BUS107: ErgoPillow is an online shop selling two different models of ergonomic pillow which helps to relieve sore necks: Quantitative Methods Assignment, SUSS
- Far East Flora has had some success with gifting on special occasions and would like to try a special Valentine’s Day: Applied Marketing Management Case Study, CU
- FMT306: In the 2021 Work Trend Index by Microsoft, which outlines findings from a study of more than 30,000 people in 31 countries: Strategic Asset, Property and Facilities Management Assignment, SUSS