|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||ACC203: Managerial Accounting|
The Business Times reported on 26 January 2021 that “Sheng Siong staff [are] to get up to 16 months’ bonus after strong earnings amid COVID-19 pandemic”. This was to recognize that the company had “performed extremely well as compared to previous years in 2020, on the back of elevated demand for its offerings due to the COVID-19 pandemic”.
Many analysts attributed the sterling results to the company’s following actions:
- Adoption of cost leadership strategy through aggressive cost control.
- And focusing on appropriate product offerings of value for money shelf-stable groceries strongly demanded by customers.
- The timely embrace of e-commerce (online grocery)
As the nation slowly returns to normalcy, analysts believe that the customers’ expectations in grocery shopping will be forever changed. To continue to do well, supermarket chains like Sheng Siong should be asking the following questions:
- What channels should they be focusing on? Do they need to invest more into e-commerce? Or look for partnerships with major consumer good suppliers?
- Should they continue to offer products that sell well during the pandemic or do they diversify their products range?
- Should they be investing more in revamping stores to cater to curb-side deliveries or should they be directing investments to open new compact stores?
- Should they make further investments to improve the current payment system to ensure safety and security for consumers?
- Define management accounting.Based on the report above,explain how management accounting has helped Sheng Siong achieve success.
- Describe the major management accounting processes and techniques that can be used for companies in the supermarket industry.
- Explain the ways inwhich the information of the key processes of management accounting can help companies like Sheng Siong meet the challenges expected in the post-pandemic super market industry.
- If Sheng Siongis to continue its pursuit of cost leadership strategy, describe the types of management accounting information that might assist the management.
On 11 December after the close of business, a devastating fire at Biopharm Pte Ltd destroyed the firm’s work in process and finished goods inventories. The following information is available:
|Sales revenue, 1 January to 11 December||1,980,000|
|Purchases, 1 January to 11 December||300,000|
|Income before taxes, 1 January to 11 December||408,000|
|Direct labor cost, 1 January to 11 December||720,000|
|Cost of goods available for sale, 1 January to 11 December||1,650,000|
|Raw material inventory, 1 January||60,000|
|Work in process inventory, 1 January||126,000|
|Finished goods inventory, 1 January||222,000|
|Gross profit margin||30%|
The firm’s accountant determines that the cost of direct materials used normally averages 25% of prime costs. In addition, manufacturing overhead is 50% of the firm’s total manufacturing costs.
Biopharm Pte Ltd is in the process of negotiating a settlement with its insurance company. Compute and determine an estimate of the cost of work in process and finished goods inventories that were destroyed by the fire. Show all workings.
Our proficient masters and Ph.D. writers at Singapore Assignment Help can easily solve your assignment and support you to score high grades. Our team of dedicated experts works round the clock to serve 100% plagiarism-free answers on ACC203: Managerial Accounting Assignment as per your university guidelines.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- PSY353e: students should listen to the podcast “Mental Health at Work”, facilitated by Dr. Emily Ortega and accessible: Positive Psychology Report, SUSS
- Drawing on current research and your own personal experience of being a mentor, provide a detailed analysis of the role of mentoring in providing support: Mentoring: Theory and Practice(guidance and counselling) Assignment, KU
- evaluating the tourism policy at a national or regional level and its value for tourism business development: Tourism Destination Management Report, YBS
- Discuss the roles of Evolutionary, sociocultural, and other Contextual factors in Determining human mate Preferences: Psychology Essay, NUS
- Identify and describe an operational business process or operational problem area from your current or previous experience: Operation Management Coursework, TP
- Topic 2 It there is ANY existing ERP system being adopted by your current company OR previous company OR any hypothetical company: Supply Chain Management Assignment, NTU
- OMGT 2225: Write a research paper following the suggested headings (see “d” below) related to Procurement Risk Management in Two Industries or Two sectors or Two large companies of your choice: Procurement Management And Global Sourcing Research Paper, RMIT
- The patient developed sudden onset of cough associated with shortness of breath after feeding: Health and Physical Education Case Study
- Evaluate the extent to which stereotypical representations are being challenged in the advertisement: Communications Essay, SUSS
- Use the following Singapore Airlines weblink For each of the categories – Liquidity, Leverage, Asset Management Profitability and Valuation ratios, compute and compare financial ratios: Finance Assignment, NUS