|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||ACC202: Financial and Managerial Accounting|
2020 was a challenging year for Momo Hardware. Hit by a sharp fall in sales, the company allowed credit sales for the first time. For the year 2020, total credit sales were $500,000 while the year-end accounts receivable balance was $200,000.
When preparing the year-end accounts, the accountant proposed to write off $10,000 as one of the customers is bankrupt.
The accountant also proposed to estimate the accounts receivable that will likely be written off before they become uncollectible. Based on the aging of receivables, he estimated the number of doubtful debts for the year to be $20,000.
However, the CEO objected to both proposals.
Explain to the CEO the need for both actions. In your explanations, you should cover:
- Why do you think the CEO did not agree to your proposals?
- What are the key differences between the direct write-off method and the alternative method proposed by the accountant?
- Who is correct? Why?
- How would the proposals affect the financial statements?
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Native Singapore Writers Team
- 100% Plagiarism-Free Essay
- Highest Satisfaction Rate
- Free Revision
- On-Time Delivery
Get Financial Accounting theory assignment help from the experts of Singapore assignment help. We have highly educated suss university assignment experts who have vast experience in accounting. They are providing efficient help on Financial and Managerial Accounting Assignments for long periods of time. Our experts are devoted to providing you error-free and plagiarism-free solutions at an affordable price.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- A Nurses’ Guide to the Critical Reading of Research : Nursing Research Paper, SIT
- How media changes the way we communicate” Paraphrase lines 28-33 using the steps covered: Learning and Academic Skills Assignments, BAC
- The Extent to Which the law of Defamation Successfully Balances the right to Freedom of Expression: LAW OF TORT Assignment, TP
- Assume that you were Recently Hired as a Financial Advisor of Wilmar International (SGX: F34), a listed Company on the SingaporeCorporate Finance Assignment, NUS
- Provide Students hands-on Experience in Conceptualizing an Information System to create competitive advantages for a selected organization: Diploma In Infocomm Technology Report
- Precise Infotech, a prominent American start-up corporation, and Wu Yin Communications: law Case Study, NUS
- P30899: The Efficient Market Hypothesis(EMH) Continues to Provide a Convincing Explanation of how Asset Prices: Advanced Global Financial Management (AGFM) Coursework, UoP
- Introduction to the Company and Provide some Background and current state of the company: Marketing Coursework, SUSS
- Workplace Conflicts Arising from Working in Teams and Communication Breakdown: Business Management with Communications Report, UoB
- Identify a Research paper that has Investigated the Compartment and Explain how they Identified the Compartment in that Study: Molecular Cell Biology Essay, NUS