|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||SOC367: Southeast Asian Societies|
This question focuses on the ‘middle class’ in Southeast Asian societies. While elites and peasants have long been the subject of scholarly research, the middle class has only more recently become the subject of intense sociological interest.
The central issues that have preoccupied sociologists in this connection are questions such as: What are the unifying characteristics of the ‘middle class’? If this class is not a homogenous entity, what is the significance of using this concept in the Southeast Asian context?
How have processes of bureaucratic expansion and colonial capitalist expansion given rise to patronage politics involving the emerging middle class?
Focus your discussion of these issues on the following questions:
- What are the general factors that lead to the emergence of the middle class in Southeast Asian societies? How diverse is the middle class? Appraise how the emergence of the middle class is related to the processes of bureaucratization of society.
- Select TWO case studies from Southeast Asian societies to demonstrate the difficulties sociologists face in defining the middle class in Southeast Asia.
- Focus on ONE example to discuss what the nature of the middle class in this specific Southeast Asian society tells you about the economic processes and socio-political structuring of that society.
Do you have the burden of (SOC367) southeast Asian societies' assignments writing task? Seek expert writer help in Singapore? Then buy assignments at singaporeassignmenthelp.com and get good marks in your papers. We have a group of top-class History homework helpers who have a strong grip on writing a variety of history subject assignments.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- BLAW1002: The Commonwealth Bank of Australia: Rogue One: Markets and Legal Frameworks Case Study, CU
- ELG217: Discuss and Demonstrate How “Symbolic Domination” (Bourdieu 1992): Language and Society Essay, SUSS
- BUS107: Johnson Food Pte Ltd Produces Canned Corn for the Local and Overseas: Quantitative Methods Report, SUSS
- SOC392: The Number of Reported Cases of Singapore’s Top Six Scam Categories in 2019: Methods of Data Analysis: Exploring Behavioural Sciences Assignment, SUSS
- As a Researcher Working for a Local Academic Institution, You have been Tasked: Economics Assignment, NUS
- BPBS1053: A Research has been Conducted to Study the Reaction Time of Students Toward Some Stimuli: Basic Statistics Assignment, SUC
- FBM 12030: Rambrandt Restaurant has Come Out with Four Specialty Dishes in June 2019: Food and Beverage Control Assignment, SHRM
- After a Tough Few Months for McDonald’s, the New CEO Makes His Public Debut: Culture & Organisations Case Study, KU
- Select and Analyse a Publicly Listed Company on Either the Australia Stock Exchange: Principles of Finance Report, NUS
- LL4164V/ LL5164V: PRP Consortium (“PRP”) is About Committed to a 30-year Concession: International Projects Law & Practice Assignment, NUS