|University||Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)|
|Subject||SIE2012: Electrical Systems|
You are working in the process industry as an IWSP student. Your industry supervisor has assigned you the task of identifying opportunities for improving energy efficiency, with the ultimate objective of reducing the monthly electricity bill.
The process plant is highly automated and operates on a 24-hour basis. It takes power supply from the grid at 22 kV and hence qualifies for High Tension tariffs.
Having analyzed the past monthly electricity bills and observed the power trending of the plant SCADA system, you found that the process plant effectively takes a constant power of 5 MW at a lagging power factor of 0.83. The 3 phases of the power supply system are balanced.
You were excited with the opportunity to start with the “low hanging fruit” of improving the power factor and hence reducing or avoiding the reactive power charges in the monthly electricity bills.
You proceeded with calculating the reactive power taken by the plant and thereby determined the size of the power factor correction capacitors required to improve the power factor to unity.
Your vendor has quoted you the cost of implementing a power factor correction unit at $150 per kVAR, including all installation costs.
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Native Singapore Writers Team
- 100% Plagiarism-Free Essay
- Highest Satisfaction Rate
- Free Revision
- On-Time Delivery
Do you need help to finish your assignment in a short time? look no further, hire a native assignment writer at singaporeassignmenthelp.com. who can provide you 100% error-less & well-formatted (SIE2012) Electrical Systems Assignment before the deadline of your university at a cheap price.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- Max Burg is considering setting up a restaurant. If he opens it in Castle Street, he believes there is an equal chance of making a profit: Data Analytics Assignment, NUS
- Art history, being concerned with identifying, classifying, describing, evaluating, interpreting, and understanding historic development: Principles Of Graphic And Media Design Essay, SP
- Consider how a. women, OR b. ethnic minorities, OR c. LGBT+ are depicted in your country’s media today in the wake of social justice: Mass Communications Assignment, NTU
- In 2001, Tony Fernandes and Dato Kamarudin Meranum bought the failing government-owned Malaysian Airline: Corporate Strategy Case Study, SIM
- Critical analysis of a company’s supply chain process. In the module, we have studied logistics and supply chain processes: Supply Chain Management Assignment, NUS
- There are three characteristics of a “black swan” event – rarity, extreme impact, and retrospective predictability: Organizations in a Global Context Assignment, KU
- Many modern Singaporean families have both parents working. Such dual-income families often result in children spending less: English Essay, SUSS
- Find and collect a set or few sets of biomedical related data dengue fever, covid, HFMD, cancer, etc: Biostatistics and Epidemiology Research Paper, NUS
- 33923: Much of strategic management accounting literature presents strategy as a deliberate, rational process. Where this is not the case: Advanced Management Accounting and Control Essay, UoB
- Peters argues that the only way for an organization to survive is by constantly reinventing itself through a ceaseless: Managing Change Essay, NUS