Mrs. Linda Lim is 79 years old, and lives alone in a one-room studio apartment. Her children visit her once a week on Saturday. She used to be a school teacher, but has retired since she turned 65 years old. She started having overall weakness and lethargy and experienced occasional giddiness in the past six months. Mrs. Lim also reported feeling moody and a lack of interest in the daily activities of living
Mrs Lim weighed 58kg eight months ago before she had a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA). Since then, she had lost some weight and currently weighs 47 kg at 1.6 m tall.
Below are the results of her recent medical check-up:
|Fasting blood glucose||8.9mmol/L|
|Total blood cholesterol||6.0mmol/L|
|Blood pressure||135/80 mm Hg|
Hire a Professional Essay & Assignment Writer for completing your Academic Assessments
Native Singapore Writers Team
- 100% Plagiarism-Free Essay
- Highest Satisfaction Rate
- Free Revision
- On-Time Delivery
Due to the recent onset of weakness and lethargy, she avoids going out by limiting grocery shopping to once a week, or asking neighbour for help to buy food. She stays at home mostly and sits in front of the television all day.
As a Care Coordinator at Sunshine Senior Activity Centre, you are tasked to help Mrs Lim for dietary and lifestyle modification, to help her with oral intake and nutritional status. Mrs. Lim is lactose-intolerant and avoids meat because of a lack of dentition.
Refer to the following document for her 3-day food record.
Based on the information provided,
a) Calculate and interpret her current BMI, weight loss and current weight status.
b) Based on current self-reported physical activity level, estimate Mrs. Lim’s current calorie requirement.
c) Calculate Mrs. Lim’s protein requirement to prevent muscle loss.
d) Analyse Mrs. Lim’s 3-day food diary and rationalize the adequacy of her diet.
e) Identify and explain Mrs. Lim’s causes for weight loss and onset of weakness. Provide dietary strategies to assist Mrs. Lim in managing and overcoming her weight loss.
f) Based on the average calorie intake you have calculated for the 3-day food record, What is the caloric deficit Mrs. Lim was consuming compared to her current energy requirement?
i. Justify how much extra calorie you would plan for Mrs. Lim per day, in order to promote weight gain.
ii. Plan a 1-day meal plan (with calories breakdown) that can achieve weight gain.
g) Based on the information provided in the case study, identify potential chronic diseases that Mrs. Lim may have, and provide dietary strategies to manage these potential chronic diseases.
h) Using recommendations from “My Healthy Plate”, develop a 1-day meal plan that meets Mrs. Lim’s requirement.
Looking for great health care assignment writings in Singapore then worry no more ask for help from SingaporeAssignmentHelp.com experts. We offer great academic help to students such as essay writings, case study assignment help and many more.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- HBC203: Ravi, a communications researcher, wants to find out if Singaporean parents’ concern about their children’s exposure: Statistics and Data Analysis for the Social and Behavioral Sciences Assignment, SUSS
- Discuss 5 issues faced with having workforce diversity within your organization. Explain the issues you have: Workforce Diversity Essay, SIM
- LB5402: There are six purposes of a performance management system. From the case, identify and explain the THREE (3) purposes: Performance Management and Appraisal Assignment, JCU
- BSBSUS401: A person who demonstrates competence in this unit must be able to provide evidence of the ability to implement and monitor: Implement and Monitor Environmentally Sustainable Work Practices Case Study, DU
- POL298: With reference to different conceptual approaches in IPE, critically evaluate arguments for and against free international trade: International Political Economy Essay, MU
- 2005 MKT: You have decided to launch a new shower gel in Singapore You are required to prepare a detailed marketing plan for the launch: Marketing Management Report, Singapore
- Previously, in a non-digitalised world customer engagement was based around human interactions. However, now that the transactions: Consumer Behavior in the Digital Age Essay, UOE
- SWK356: Concerning the case study, appraise FIVE (5) underlying objectives of the IAmGoingHome project about Singapore’s: Social Work in Healthcare Assignment, SUSS
- HFS201: Describe human physical capabilities and limitations and their relevance to workplace design. Identify risk factors: Workplace Evaluation and Design Essay, SUSS
- SOC356: What were some social trends or issues that resonated with you in SOC356? Why did they do so and how would you relate: Urban Sociology Assignment, SUSS