|University||The University of Newcastle (UoN)|
|Subject||NURS1101: Foundations in Professional Practice|
Learning Outcomes of this Module:
Students who successfully complete this module will:
- be able to operate ethically, safely and professionally within the context of practice placements
- be able to critically evaluate their skills, set goals for further development and take initiative in their learning
- be able to make use of a range of learning resources, including supervision and personal therapy
- be able to reflect critically on their learning across academic and experiential components of the program
- be prepared to be in placement with a “readiness to practice” certificate to start client work over the summer. Trainees may gain a maximum of 50 supervised client work before starting the second year of training.
The client is 49 years old, male. He is a Taiwanese PR working in Singapore. He lives with his wife and two children (teenagers) in Singapore. He is working as an operation director in a semi-conductor company. He is also currently studying in a Masters in Counselling course.
The client is frustrated with his work situation as he struggles to adapt to his new boss’s working style. He has thoughts of leaving this job but currently decides to stay as the offers require him to move out of Singapore.
- What do you think the client is experiencing at this moment? (You can make reference here to person-centered theory e.g. stages of the process, incongruence, conditions of worth, external locus of evaluation, etc.).
- What is your internal response (thinking & feeling) to the client at this moment and why? What feelings and thoughts are going on in you at this point?
- How does your internal response influence your actual response to the client?
- What was your therapeutic intention in choosing this intervention? What skills are you using? (e.g. reflection skills; offering a congruent response; working with advanced empathy, etc.). What did you want to happen?
- What is the theoretical rationale for your intervention?
- Was your intervention helpful or not, and how do you know?
- What might you have said/done differently?
- What does the interaction between you and the client tell you about what is going on, or where you are, the counseling relationship?
We, at SingaporeAssignmentHelp.com, have a team of professional nursing assignment writers who possess great skills in writing an essay on the (NURS1101) foundations in professional practice. Our expert homework helpers have a strong grip on various aspects of nursing practices theories and models.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- BLAW1002: The Commonwealth Bank of Australia: Rogue One: Markets and Legal Frameworks Case Study, CU
- ELG217: Discuss and Demonstrate How “Symbolic Domination” (Bourdieu 1992): Language and Society Essay, SUSS
- BUS107: Johnson Food Pte Ltd Produces Canned Corn for the Local and Overseas: Quantitative Methods Report, SUSS
- SOC392: The Number of Reported Cases of Singapore’s Top Six Scam Categories in 2019: Methods of Data Analysis: Exploring Behavioural Sciences Assignment, SUSS
- As a Researcher Working for a Local Academic Institution, You have been Tasked: Economics Assignment, NUS
- BPBS1053: A Research has been Conducted to Study the Reaction Time of Students Toward Some Stimuli: Basic Statistics Assignment, SUC
- FBM 12030: Rambrandt Restaurant has Come Out with Four Specialty Dishes in June 2019: Food and Beverage Control Assignment, SHRM
- After a Tough Few Months for McDonald’s, the New CEO Makes His Public Debut: Culture & Organisations Case Study, KU
- Select and Analyse a Publicly Listed Company on Either the Australia Stock Exchange: Principles of Finance Report, NUS
- LL4164V/ LL5164V: PRP Consortium (“PRP”) is About Committed to a 30-year Concession: International Projects Law & Practice Assignment, NUS