|University||Singapore Management University (SMU)|
|Subject||Systems and Operations Management|
On successful completion of this assignment you will be able to:
- Critically appraise how operations and information systems contribute to an organisation’s competitiveness and strategic direction ;
- Evaluate the relevance of the ‘competitive advantage Vs. necessary
cost’ debate Combine and evaluate complex IT related issues;
- Assess the contribution of IT to systems and operations management;
- Establish and implement effective operational decisions, with
particular reference to change management;
- Critically assess the functionality of organisations from systems, information, and business process perspectives.
Integrated business systems and the use of enterprise resource planning (ERP) has transformed operations, logistics, and even the structure of organisations.
This assignment requires you to demonstrate contemporary knowledge of supply chain management principles in an organisation known to you. You are required to critically analyse how these principles work with other aspects of systems and operations management to create a competitive advantage through sustainable practices.
The assignment requires you to research an organisation known to you. It can be the one that you work for or one that you have researched. In either case, it is appreciated that you may not have in-depth knowledge of every aspect of the supply chain or operations. The primary aim of the assignment is to show your ability to apply academic theory to practice and for this reason, some reasonable assumptions can be made.
You may choose any organisation you wish, but clearly, as the questions focus on supply chains, the organisation should have one of these. Large manufacturing organisations are a good choice because they have substantial use of both materials management and logistics. Airlines and large restaurant and hotel groups may also be appropriate.
You are a specialist in supply chain management and have been asked to review the supply chain of a company known to you. You have been provided with three tasks as outlined below. Each of the tasks is to be addressed within the report format.
Critically review the subject organisation’s approach to materials management. You should review the structure of the supply chain, its approach to the management of intermediaries, and how lean and agile practice.
Critically review the role of relationships in the organisation’s approach to materials management, its logistics, and its handling of reverse logistics. You should consider such aspects as contractual arrangements and how activities such as outsourcing impact upon the operations.
Critically analyse the role of emerging technologies in the subject organisation’s approach to the supply chain. The analysis should cover the application of information technology, materials planning, and systems development to manage supply chains and their relationships within it.
Looking for online systems and operations management assignment help services in Singapore? Our operation management assignment experts complete all your stressful management assignments within hours. We also provide free of cost operations and process management essay samples to SMU students to get an idea of writing these assignments and essays.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- Apply One Positive Psychology Intervention in Your Life and Assess the Outcome: Positive Psychology Intervention Report, CU
- ICT380: The Need for Information Security Management for Small to Medium Size Enterprises: Information Security Policy And Governance Essay, MU
- Demonstrate Knowledge and Understanding of the Values and Principles Behind Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion: Early Childhood Essay, NUS
- Critically Analyse the Digital Marketing Strategies of an Australian Health Message: Online Marketing Strategies Analytic Report, SMU
- LOG221: Imagine that You Work for the World Bank and You have been Called to Ghana: International Trade Management Assignment, SUSS
- Language Allows Humans to Express Our Ideas and is Believed to be an Innate: Language and the Brain Assignment, NUS
- SE2211: Demonstrates the Usefulness and Importance of Looking at Processes in Southeast Asia: Social History of Southeast Asia Essay, NUS
- BUS354: Select a Financial Institution (Banks or Insurers) of Which You are a Customer: Customer Relationship Management Assignment, SUSS
- ACC3005: Many Auditors have Begun to Turn Their Sights to Their Next Group of Audits: Audit and Assurance Assignment, SIM
- BLAW1002: The Commonwealth Bank of Australia: Rogue One: Markets and Legal Frameworks Case Study, CU