SECTION A: Propositional Logic (25 marks)
Consider the following argument:
“You will be successful either if you are hardworking or you are lucky. You will be lucky if you are enterprising and you can think critically. You can think critically if you are enrolled in this course. You are enrolled in this course, and I know you are enterprising. So, you will be successful.”
In the context of this argument, you are required to do the following:
a) Assign a letter of the alphabet to each relevant simple statement in the argument. (3 marks)
b) Identify the final conclusion, the explicitly stated premises and the intermediate conclusions of the argument (if any). For any intermediate conclusion you identify, use and state the premises you infer this conclusion from, along with the valid standard argument form used in the inference. Also, state the premises and
intermediate conclusions used in inferring the final conclusion and state the valid standard argument form (if any) used in the inference [Hint: See Example 5.6.2 in your textbook for guidance.] (19 marks)
c) Comment on the validity of the argument: is the argument valid? (3 marks)
SECTION B: Inductive Arguments (10 marks)
Questions 2 and 3 contain inductive arguments. For each question, identify the arguments by stating the premises and the conclusion [NOTE: The conclusion might be implicit.] Then, state a fact, which, if known, would make the inductive arguments contained therein stronger; and a fact, which, if which, would make the arguments weaker.
‘The next bus will arrive in 5 minutes. The schedule on the bus-stop says so.’ (100 words max, 5 marks)
In need of pay to do assignment online from Singaporean experts? Come at SingaporeAssignmentHelp.com and hire the best professionals in the field. We have the best team of my assignment expert that work passionately for the students online and help them score high.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- Warehousing in its many guises appears at different points across supply chain networks. The intermodal choice: Transport and Inventory Management Assignment, NUN
- SOC265: Since the 1950s, Singapore has undergone rapid urbanization and continues to do so today. Rapid urbanization has resulted: Urban Sociology Assignment, SUSS
- BUS307: Lee Ltd and Ng Corporation negotiate a $25 million, 5-year interest-rate swap in which Lee will pay a 4.25% fixed rate to Ng: Commercial Banking Assignment, MU
- The advantages and limitations of using marginal costing and the contribution income statement: Cost Accounting Essay, KU
- The Social and Family Development minister wants to propose that the Act be amended to exclude same-sex couples: Legal Methods Essay, NTU
- Greenland Pte Ltd supplies materials to construction companies in Singapore. In 2019, the company experienced: Management and Negotiation Skills Assignment, SMU
- Analyse and compare a selection of characters from Volpone, The Duchess of Malfi, and ’Tis Pity She’s a Whore: Jacobean Drama Assignment, SUSS
- MKT3402A: Demonstrate a critical understanding of the main theories in consumer behavior and how these can be applied: Consumer Behavior Course Work, NUS
- You are a consultant for a new Mexican restaurant in Singapore, and you have been tasked to consult the owners: Hotel Management Report, JCU
- ACC491: On 1 January 20×0, Aspen Ltd acquired 60% of the shares of Birch Ltd, when the fair value of Birch Ltd’s identifiable net assets: Advanced Consolidation and Corporate Reporting Assignment, SUSS