SECTION A: Propositional Logic (25 marks)
Consider the following argument:
“You will be successful either if you are hardworking or you are lucky. You will be lucky if you are enterprising and you can think critically. You can think critically if you are enrolled in this course. You are enrolled in this course, and I know you are enterprising. So, you will be successful.”
In the context of this argument, you are required to do the following:
a) Assign a letter of the alphabet to each relevant simple statement in the argument. (3 marks)
b) Identify the final conclusion, the explicitly stated premises and the intermediate conclusions of the argument (if any). For any intermediate conclusion you identify, use and state the premises you infer this conclusion from, along with the valid standard argument form used in the inference. Also, state the premises and
intermediate conclusions used in inferring the final conclusion and state the valid standard argument form (if any) used in the inference [Hint: See Example 5.6.2 in your textbook for guidance.] (19 marks)
c) Comment on the validity of the argument: is the argument valid? (3 marks)
SECTION B: Inductive Arguments (10 marks)
Questions 2 and 3 contain inductive arguments. For each question, identify the arguments by stating the premises and the conclusion [NOTE: The conclusion might be implicit.] Then, state a fact, which, if known, would make the inductive arguments contained therein stronger; and a fact, which, if which, would make the arguments weaker.
‘The next bus will arrive in 5 minutes. The schedule on the bus-stop says so.’ (100 words max, 5 marks)
In need of pay to do assignment online from Singaporean experts? Come at SingaporeAssignmentHelp.com and hire the best professionals in the field. We have the best team of my assignment expert that work passionately for the students online and help them score high.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- Evidence of a critical understanding of the media and creative industries. Demonstrate a clear understanding: System & Network Essay, PSB
- ANL312: Describe one (1) key reference that is most relevant to your selected topic in detail. Include the general background: Text Mining and Applied Project Formulation Essay, SUSS
- ANL505: If you are using a WINDOWS computer, please choose Option (I) or Option (II). If you’re using a MAC computer, proceed to Option: Hyperautomation Coursework, SUSS
- Analyze the significance of communication strategies in achieving particular desired outcomes; Construct a given communication: Public Relations and Social Media Essay, NUS
- WVT Plastics Pte Ltd (“WVT”) manufactures plastic components for the retail industry. They engage Robotics Pte Ltd: EOHS Law Course Report, NUS
- FIN358: The CFO of Wheat Inc. is deciding whether to use options, futures or forwards to hedge the price of its wheat production: Fixed Income and Derivative Securities Assignment, SUSS
- ACC306: Leisure Verse Group Limited is an adventure park developer and operator in Southeast Asia. The Group owns and operates: Advanced Assurance and Attestation Case Study, SUSS
- Given that COVID-19 has proved challenging to corporates and that some of its most successful solutions meant bending principles: Corporate Governance Assignment, NUS
- ACC309: “That’s unfair! Why did IRAS tax the income from all my three companies under one of them and deny the partial exemption: International Taxation and Tax Planning Assignment, SUSS
- BUS6057: “Since its inception in 1978, B&M has been an enduring force in shaping the UK retail landscape with its traditional: Business Process and Systems Assignment, BCU