|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||BUS368: Innovation Management and Digital Transformation|
Problem Case Scenario
The COVID-19 pandemic has ravaged the business of Secure Systems Pte Ltd (SSPL). A supplier of integrated building access security systems, the company had been selling and installing turnstile access systems along with security cameras to track customer traffic in malls and retail shops.
Business was good in pre-COVID days due to new malls being opened and existing malls being re-developed. And, during the COVID circuit-breaker years of 2020 and 2021, the company was shrewd to pivot its business towards the sale of automated safe management measure (SMM) gates that could scan the government-sponsored Trace-Together (TT) app and dongle for enforcing vaccination-differentiated visitor entry into malls and other public spaces.
Fast forward to 2022. By the middle of the year, Singapore had moved into the endemic phase of living with COVID-19. SMM requirements are no longer required. All businesses could resume normal operations. Such changes have rendered the automated SMM gates irrelevant!
James Tan, the CEO of SSPL, was deeply concerned. He called for an urgent meeting of his key product managers and senior engineers. Looking grim, he announced:
“It is great that virtually all COVID SMMs are now removed. It is almost business-as-usual for many malls and shops. But this is bad news for us. Our flagship SMM gate product is now effectively killed!
(a) Researchers have proposed many product concepts by framing the idea of a “product” differently: Crawford-Benedetto, Henderson-Clark, Kotler, Slack, Product Packaging.
Describe any one such product concept. Use it to examine what aspect of the proposed ASM product needs to be innovated. Discuss how it could be marketed effectively.
(b) Using Pearson’s Risk Map, analyse the uncertainty involved in your innovation and recommend how SBSPL can move forward on the innovation. How would you protect your suggested innovation in Q1(a)?
The ASM project team had been making good progress and giving regular updates to the CEO. Architecturally, they have split the app into two parts: mobile client and anti-scam server. It is the server part that is particularly impressive. It consists of a database of anti-scam rules and an AI engine that can scan messages and phone recordings for new scam patterns and self-learn new rules for the database. In fact, the source of the messages need not even be from the mobile phone!
Just recently, the CEO of a local online shopping platform had approached James for help. The shopping platform has had its fair share of scams that are perpetrated by both buyers and sellers of the platform. He was able to produce live data detailing suspicious online behaviour to James.
This was reducing both buyer and seller trust of the platform. If it is not addressed, it will eventually lead to the demise of the platform. James was very pleased with the progress of the ASM project team. The investment in R&D effort is paying off. His entrepreneurial mind is racing ahead. He now sees a new service opportunity in supporting online shopping platforms!
(a) Suggest a suitable service. How will your service be a compelling value proposition for the customer? Construct the steps that the project team needs to take to develop your proposed service. Be sure to relate how different aspects of the service will be developed in the process.
(b) The government has been encouraging local enterprises to digitalise their business.
Digitalisation is often described in terms of the three (3) related concepts of digital transformation, digitalisation and digitisation. Describe each of these concepts and sketch a diagram of the digitialisation pyramid to show the relationships between them.
Illustrate each of these concepts in the context of the case scenario above
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Are you willing to pay someone to do my assignment then our expert answer yes at Singapore Assignment Help. Our skilled writers have gained years of knowledge to write the step-by-step solutions on BUS368: Innovation Management and Digital Transformation GBA Assignment before the deadline.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- The world of transportation is changing. Due to increasing mobility demand, challenges like financing, dealing with emissions: Sustainable Transportation Essay, NUS
- The internal audit on WSH Management System failed for your company and one of the nonconformances stated: Workplace Safety and Health System Management Assignment, NUS
- NUR09122: Discuss how you would search for evidence and evaluate this selected evidence. Design a small pilot study: Advancing Practice through Research Assignment,
- Define and explain fixed assets and their relationship with depreciation. Define working capital and its importance/role in business: Financial Management Assignment, SMU
- In order for you to be able to determine what your values are, it is important that we first define what we mean by the term “value”: Critical Analysis on Tourism Leadership Assignment, KU
- Ms. A is a staff member who joined 4 months ago and was quickly promoted to a senior management role due to her excellence: Secretary Assignment, SI
- Brand Consultant and develop a corporate brand revitalization strategy and a communication plan to generate better: Marketing Report, CU
- BM0180: Identify relevant articles on the event/issue in the International Business (IB) environment, specifically in the areas of PESTEL: International Business Assignment, NYP
- Are you surprised to see these temples belonging to 2 different religions located just beside each other: Understanding Singapore Assignment, NUS
- The aim of the essay is to allow you to demonstrate your understanding and application of the theories included in the module: Nursing Assignment, NUS