|University||Singapore University of Social Science (SUSS)|
|Subject||BUS352: Operations Analytics|
Amped Inc produces and sells a consumer product. To better understand its operations, Amped collects 60 months of sales and inventory data (January 2016 to December 2020) for analysis.
The sales data are the total selling price (in $) of finished goods transacted in a month, and the inventory data are the average on-hand inventory (in units) in a month. Data are included in an Excel spreadsheet.
(a) Analyse the sales and inventory data. Provide a visualization and a numerical description of the two variables according to the following requirements:
(i) Select an appropriate chart type to visualize and present data. Provide a brief justification of your choice. What observations and conclusions can you make from the data visualization?
(ii) Present descriptive statistics of the two variables. Provide a brief explanation of the key statistics. What can you observe and conclude from the descriptive statistics? Are these observations and conclusions consistent with those from (a)(i)?
(b) Inventory is a critical asset in a consumer product company. The role of inventory is to support the company’s operations and absorb variability. Amped’s management team wants to find out if the company’s inventory drives the firm’s sales. You are tasked to perform an association analysis according to the following requirements.
(i) Use an appropriate chart type to examine the relationship between the two
variables. Provide a brief justification of your choice. What can you observe and conclude from the chart?
(ii) Use an appropriate statistical tool to examine the relationship between the two variables. Clearly present the steps and components of the tool (if any), as well as the result of the analysis. What can be concluded from the analysis? Is the conclusion consistent with the observations and conclusions in (b)(i)?
(iii) Is it possible to establish causality between inventory and sales, i.e., inventory drives the firm’s sales performance, based on the conclusions from (b)(i) and (b)(ii)? Why or why not?
Are you struggling to complete your tough BUS352: Operations Analytics assignment? then hire global assignment help service at Singapore Assignment Help we have appointed extremely qualified and skilled experts who serve top-rated help on operation management assignments at an unbeatable price.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- PSY353e: students should listen to the podcast “Mental Health at Work”, facilitated by Dr. Emily Ortega and accessible: Positive Psychology Report, SUSS
- Drawing on current research and your own personal experience of being a mentor, provide a detailed analysis of the role of mentoring in providing support: Mentoring: Theory and Practice(guidance and counselling) Assignment, KU
- evaluating the tourism policy at a national or regional level and its value for tourism business development: Tourism Destination Management Report, YBS
- Discuss the roles of Evolutionary, sociocultural, and other Contextual factors in Determining human mate Preferences: Psychology Essay, NUS
- Identify and describe an operational business process or operational problem area from your current or previous experience: Operation Management Coursework, TP
- Topic 2 It there is ANY existing ERP system being adopted by your current company OR previous company OR any hypothetical company: Supply Chain Management Assignment, NTU
- OMGT 2225: Write a research paper following the suggested headings (see “d” below) related to Procurement Risk Management in Two Industries or Two sectors or Two large companies of your choice: Procurement Management And Global Sourcing Research Paper, RMIT
- The patient developed sudden onset of cough associated with shortness of breath after feeding: Health and Physical Education Case Study
- Evaluate the extent to which stereotypical representations are being challenged in the advertisement: Communications Essay, SUSS
- Use the following Singapore Airlines weblink For each of the categories – Liquidity, Leverage, Asset Management Profitability and Valuation ratios, compute and compare financial ratios: Finance Assignment, NUS