|University||Nanyang Technological University (NTU)|
|Subject||Human Resource Management (HRM)|
Assessment Centres (AC-s) are a common method of personnel selection in the public and private sector. The European Personnel Selection Office (EPSO) introduced Assessment Centres in 2010 as part of the reformed European Union (EU) recruitment system so that candidates are evaluated on the basis of their competencies instead of solely on the basis of their specific knowledge. Assessment Centres are used for all profiles including Administrators, Assistants, Linguists and Specialists at all position levels: entry-level positions, heads of unit and even directors or director-generals.
Through the use of AC-s, the EU is looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following general competencies:
- Analysis and Problem Solving: Identify the critical facts in complex issues and develop creative and practical solutions
- Communicating: Communicate clearly and precisely both orally and in writing
- Delivering Quality and Results: Take personal responsibility and initiative for delivering work to a high standard of quality within set procedures
- Prioritising and Organising: Prioritise the most important tasks, work flexibly and organise own workload efficiently
- Resilience: Remain effective under a heavy workload, handle organisational frustrations positively and adapt to a changing work environment
- Working with Others: Work cooperatively with others in teams and across organisational boundaries and respect differences between people
The CEO has instructed you as the HR manager to review the EU’s approach as many of the competencies are similar to what a management trainee of your company should possess. In the long term, he would like to implement an assessment centre for management trainee selection.
Q1. Watch the following youtube video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6nVuwr31wQ. Analyse and elaborate on ‘Oral Presentation’ and ‘Computer Tests’ being employed by the EPSO. Your analysis should review and discuss the reliability and validity of both ‘Oral Presentation’ and ‘Computer Tests’, and when best to use each method. Your discussion should also be substantiated by empirical research.
To get the top-notch grades you must buy our online human resource assignment services as we offer reasonable and high-quality human resource management diploma assignment help for management students. We resolve the problem of complex BUS301 Human Resource Economics assignments by giving expert's hand in these topics like analysis, problem-solving, communication, prioritising and organising etc.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- Apply One Positive Psychology Intervention in Your Life and Assess the Outcome: Positive Psychology Intervention Report, CU
- ICT380: The Need for Information Security Management for Small to Medium Size Enterprises: Information Security Policy And Governance Essay, MU
- Demonstrate Knowledge and Understanding of the Values and Principles Behind Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion: Early Childhood Essay, NUS
- Critically Analyse the Digital Marketing Strategies of an Australian Health Message: Online Marketing Strategies Analytic Report, SMU
- LOG221: Imagine that You Work for the World Bank and You have been Called to Ghana: International Trade Management Assignment, SUSS
- Language Allows Humans to Express Our Ideas and is Believed to be an Innate: Language and the Brain Assignment, NUS
- SE2211: Demonstrates the Usefulness and Importance of Looking at Processes in Southeast Asia: Social History of Southeast Asia Essay, NUS
- BUS354: Select a Financial Institution (Banks or Insurers) of Which You are a Customer: Customer Relationship Management Assignment, SUSS
- ACC3005: Many Auditors have Begun to Turn Their Sights to Their Next Group of Audits: Audit and Assurance Assignment, SIM
- BLAW1002: The Commonwealth Bank of Australia: Rogue One: Markets and Legal Frameworks Case Study, CU