|University||Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS)|
This is an individual assignment that requires you to assess the investment returns and risk of a selected company against a competitor in the industry for the specified investment time period. The nature of the relationship between the two investments needs to be evaluated to determine whether there is any diversification benefit from investing in both investments instead of one.
1. Select a publicly listed company of your choice. For comparison, identify a competitor from a similar industry and a relevant market index.
2. Obtain the following data for (i) selected company (ii) competitor (iii) market index:
- Monthly closing share price from 1 July 2019 30 June 2020 (inclusive of both days).
- Dividends paid for 1 July 2019 30 June 2020.
You can obtain data from websites such as https://finance.yahoo.com/ or http://www.nasdaq.com/. website or other financial data providers.
3. Using the data gathered in a spreadsheet in Part 2, calculate:
- The arithmetic average rate of return (%) [Holding-period returns] for each month (Returns comprise of capital gains and dividends).
- Geometric Average rate of return (%) for the entire holding period from 1 July 2019 30 June 2020.
Stuck with a lot of homework assignments and feeling stressed ? Take professional academic assistance & Get 100% Plagiarism free papers
4. Based on the computation in Part 3:
- Present your answer in appropriate tables and/or graphs for (i) selected company (ii) competitor (iii) market index.
- Analyse the investment performance for the time period being reviewed. Consider comparing with the competitor and market.
5. Determine the investment risk during the holding period from 1 July 2019 30 June 2020.
- Compute the monthly standard deviation for (i) selected company (ii) competitor (iii) market index.
- Obtain the beta value from stock data providers (such as Yahoo Finance, Nasdaq or other sources) for (i) selected company (ii) competitor.
6. Based on Part 5:
- Present your answer in a table or graph for (i) selected company (ii) competitor (iii) market.
- Analyze the investment risk for the time period being reviewed. Consider comparing with the competitor and market.
7. Compute the correlation between returns and the returns for the competitor. Comment on your findings.
8. Suppose that two different investment portfolio is the setup:
Investment Fund A: 60% investment in the selected company and 40% investment in the competitor.
Investment Fund B: 50% investment in the selected company and 50% investment in the competitor.
Investment Fund C: 30% investment in the selected company and 70% investment in the competitor.
- Portfolio returns for Fund A, Fund B, and Fund C separately, for the time period under review.
- Portfolio risk for Fund A, Fund B, and Fund C separately, for the time period under review. Provide your workings with the computations.
Comment on which investment fund performed better and the diversification benefit obtained from the portfolio.
Looking for an investment management assignment? Don't waste your precious time in writing assignments back to back, hire assignment experts at SingaporeAssignmentHelp.com who will write your assignments on your behalf without any mistake and with zero plagiarism. You will get top-notch finance assignment writing with us without missing your deadlines.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- critique the law (the instrument) and makes recommendations to the team in the harmonization project on how the reformation of that law could be useful: Transnational Commercial Law Report
- Persuading Singaporeans to support Singapore’s present defence policy is becoming increasingly challenging: Military Studies Minor Essay, SUSS
- S3709C: propose a training regime to achieve the client’s goal(s) Maurice is a 40-year-old foreign exchange trader: Fitness and Conditioning Coursework, RP
- Your manager has reviewed and satisfied with your engineering services delivering plan: Unit 35: Professional Engineering Management Report
- CSCI361: you are to design and implement (t, n) Shamir’s secret sharing scheme as described in the lecture in C++, Java or Python: Cryptography and Secure Applications Assignment, UOW
- BME215e: The ongoing global pandemic of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infections is causing deaths daily: Clinical Trials Report, SUSS
- HBC201: Studies have suggested that people suffering from depressive disorders tend to seek support from their families: Research Methods for the Social and Behavioural Sciences Assignment, SUSS
- HRM263: The Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic is caused by a highly infectious virus that could have severe health consequences: Team Dynamics Assignment, SUSS
- OMGT2228: A well-known commercial bank in Australia is interested in estimating the number of new bank account opened by customers in each year: OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT Assignment, RMIT
- HCM551: The CHRO has recently attended a conference – “The Future of Work after Covid” and “Total Rewards Management in the New Normal: Human Capital Management in the New Normal Assignment, SUSS