|University||Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)|
|Subject||10.011: Introduction to Physical Chemistry|
Any graphs should be made using Excel with proper labeling of axes, units provided when applicable, a graph title, and any relevant information included on the graph. Take the value of R = 8.3141 K1 molt and 0 DC = 273.15 K.
The equilibrium constant was measured for a certain chemical reaction from 500 DC to 550 DC. The results are given below.
- Determine from the data the value of ΔrH°/ KJ mol¯¹, ΔrG°/ KJ mol¯¹, and ΔrS°/ JK¯¹ mol¯¹ at 500 K. State any approximation you make.
- Estimate the values of ΔrH°/ KJ mol¯¹, ΔrG°/ KJ mol¯¹, and ΔrS°/ JK¯¹ mol¯¹ at 298 K. State any approximation you make.
- How reliable is your estimate in (b)? Give a reason for your answer.
A pure unknown substance with a mass of 1.1186 g had an osmotic pressure of 426.371 kPa at 298 K.
- What is the relative molar mass of the substance to the nearest integer in units of g mol¯¹? The same substance was observed to free at 17.748 °C. 1.7312 g of sugar (Mr = 342.3 g mol¯¹) was dissolved in 100 g of the substance and the freezing point measured again. This time the unknown substance froze out at 17.412 °C.
- Calculate ΔfusHc of the unknown substance in kJ mol¯¹.
Two chemicals, A and B when mixed produced an almost perfect ideal solution. The vapour pressures of A and B were 25.4 kPa and 96.1 kPa respectively at 298 K.
- Draw a pressure composition phase diagram for 298 K (full marks if drawn correctly in Excel). A solution containing a total of 20 mmol = nA + nB was prepared in a piston with the composition of zq = 0.6481. The total pressure on the piston was adjusted to 40.66 kPa.
- Indicate on your phase diagram the compositions (xA, yA, zA) of the piston at the given pressure.
- What are the total number of moles of A and the total number of moles of Bin the piston?
- What is the number of moles of gas and the number of moles of liquid in the piston?
- What is the number of moles of gaseous chemical A and liquid chemical A in the piston?
- What is the number of moles of gaseous chemical B and liquid chemical B in the piston?
- What is the approximate volume (in liters) of the piston? (hint: ignore the volume of the liquid).
A 1.1287% (weight percent) solution of salt with Mr = 162.5 g mol¯¹ was prepared at 25 °C. The density of the prepared solution was 1.00886 g cm¯³. The density of water at 25 °C is 0.99707 g cm¯³, and the density of the crystalline salt was 2.730 g cm¯³.
- What is the molar volume of the crystalline salt?
- Estimate the partial molar volume of the salt at infinite dilution.
- Are (a) and (b) the same? Why?
We provide students with one of the best physical chemistry assignment help where our professional chemistry assignment writers provide quality and plagiarism free solutions. Assignment writing experts at Singapore Assignment Help provide quality and plagiarism free chemistry homework help regarding all the topics.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- A Nurses’ Guide to the Critical Reading of Research : Nursing Research Paper, SIT
- How media changes the way we communicate” Paraphrase lines 28-33 using the steps covered: Learning and Academic Skills Assignments, BAC
- The Extent to Which the law of Defamation Successfully Balances the right to Freedom of Expression: LAW OF TORT Assignment, TP
- Assume that you were Recently Hired as a Financial Advisor of Wilmar International (SGX: F34), a listed Company on the SingaporeCorporate Finance Assignment, NUS
- Provide Students hands-on Experience in Conceptualizing an Information System to create competitive advantages for a selected organization: Diploma In Infocomm Technology Report
- Precise Infotech, a prominent American start-up corporation, and Wu Yin Communications: law Case Study, NUS
- P30899: The Efficient Market Hypothesis(EMH) Continues to Provide a Convincing Explanation of how Asset Prices: Advanced Global Financial Management (AGFM) Coursework, UoP
- Introduction to the Company and Provide some Background and current state of the company: Marketing Coursework, SUSS
- Workplace Conflicts Arising from Working in Teams and Communication Breakdown: Business Management with Communications Report, UoB
- Identify a Research paper that has Investigated the Compartment and Explain how they Identified the Compartment in that Study: Molecular Cell Biology Essay, NUS