|University||Singapore Management University (SMU)|
|Subject||Event Planning & Management|
The Event Planning and Management project is a collaboration between ITE College Central (School of Business and Services) and the various Merchant Associations within the neighborhood centers. The objective of this partnership is to provide an authentic learning platform to engage our students in planning a community engagement event between the retailers and the residents in the neighborhood.
The student is required to conduct research and submit a concept pitch proposal based on a $1500 budget for a 3-hour hybrid event, which is suitable for the profile of the target audience.
The suggested format of the Concept Pitch Proposal (10%) is as follows:
|1||Cover Page||Module: Event Planning and Management|
|4||Use of Language|
|5||Event Information and objectives|
|7||Recommendation of Venue|
|8||The rationale for the Proposed Program|
The Operation Plan assesses the students’ application of skills and knowledge learned to develop a sound operation plan (based on Event Proposal) that is executable. The Operation Plan (15%)should include the following:
|3||Permit and Public Liability|
1.2 The Chairman said that there was no statistic available therefore more research should be done
2.2 The Chairman also added saying that it might be unfair for the residents of Marine Terrace if the Merchants’ Association only held the event at Marine Parade Central.
3.3 He also mentioned that to conduct music-related events, a Public Entertainment License needs to be approved.
4.3 Mr. Victor later added that although some people do know how to use Facebook, most of them would prefer a hardcopy of a brochure or poster to indicate the details of the event.
5.2 He also added that because the idea of doing a Pasar Malam was very common in other places, they did not get as much attention from the public.
6.2 He also added that when the Pasar Malam was held, some of the food sold is the same as the stall. For example, the food sold was banana fritters which caused an uproar with the stalls that were selling banana fritters.
7.2 She also added that to fix this problem, doing a hybrid event might help for the group of people that are unfamiliar with virtual events.
8.4 Later on, the Chairperson commented the vouchers given are only applicable for the lower-income families.
9.8 Mdm Susan answered that the Merchants’ Association would collect the vouchers and give them to the stall owners.
10.4 She also asked the students what are some things that might attract them to come down to a hawker center, for example, is it the ambiance, pricing, etc.Ms. Nair explained that the meeting intended to understand the need to create a pitch proposal by the ideas of 35 students.
11.3 The Merchants Association can then pick and choose their favorite ideas, combine or adjust and the event will be executed by students of ITE next year. Mdm A asked if the event is a one-day thing or will be an ongoing event.
12.4 She added that the event could either be fully virtual or half physical, half virtual. Mr. Victor asked if the event will be held at both Marine Terrace and Marine Parade Central
13.2 Ms. Nair replied if the Merchant’s Association wants the event to be located at both locations then she will have to plan accordingly. Mdm A asked for assurance if virtual events are through the phone and internet.
14.4 Mr. Victor agreed with Ms. Nair’s explanation Main Objective Ms. Nair explained that the main objective is to attract people to the area and the students will be involved by planning an event according to the Merchant’s Association’s likings.
We are a one-stop solution for event planning and management assignment solutions for all Singapore and other countries' students. Our event management assignment writing services are very famous and every SMU student prefers our management assignment writers for writing their assignments and essays. Our online assignment help services are available 24/7.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- CSCI368: Write (Java or C/C++) UDP Programs Allowing two Parties to Establish a Secure Communication Channel Network Security Assignment, UOW
- OM is a Highly Important Function in Today’s Dynamic Business Environment: Operation Management Assignment, SMU
- IDEM is the Premier Launchpad Into the Asia-Pacific Market: Events Operations & Logistics Management Assignment, TP
- Choose a Company That You Believe has Achieved Superior Performance in at Least TWO Separate Countries: International Marketing Essay, UoB
- We Ask you to Search and Select an Item From the Popular Press that Features Singapore: Media in Singapore Reflective Essay, SUSS
- Generate a Fitting Marketing Strategy for the Acquisition of These Target Groups: Marketing Report, SMU
- The Singapore Government has Managed the Covid 19 Pandemic Crisis by Providing Many Packages: Master of Taxation Report, SUSS
- Billy is a Tenant of an Apartment Owned by David. Ten Days ago, Billy Received a Letter from David: Business Law Assignment, NTU
- CN2205: Research the History of the Film/Cinema Industry of Korea: Australia and Asia in Cinema Assignment, JCU
- The Project is Based on the Application of Correlation Concepts: Psychology Assignment, SUSS