Noting that there has been an increasing interest in organic foodstuffs with increasing affluence, Mr Tommy Tan is considering starting an organic food retail business in Singapore. He targets to have 8 retail outlets island-wide by the end of 2021. To maintain its target capital structure, the firm estimates that it will need to borrow $10 million to finance this growth. As the firm is tight on cash, it prefers to repay the loan in full only at the end of 10 years and only wants to service the interest on an annual basis.
The firm has approached several banks in Singapore and 2 banks have signalled interest to be its main financier. JuneBank proposes an annual interest rate of 6.9% and the underwriting spread is 2%. BHR Bank offers the loan at an annual interest rate of 6.5% and the underwriting spread is 2.9%
(a) What is the effective cost of borrowing from JuneBank?
(b) What is the effective cost of borrowing from BHR Bank?
(c) Using the estimations in (a) and (b), determine the bank that the firm should borrow from.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- Amir has just Graduated from his Part-Time Diploma in Sports Coaching: Safety and Risk Management in Sports Coursework, NUS
- QTS0103: Jane’s Company Manufactures Face Mask at a Cost of $0.50 per Box: Business Mathematics Assignment, SIM
- BAM615: It is June 1st, 2020, Europe is Recovering from a Major Pandemic, Air Travel has Come to a Halt: Negotiation and Conflict Management Assignment, UOL
- BAM600: Identify a Leader Who, in Your Opinion, Displays Toxic Traits: Leadership and Ethical Decision Making Assignment, UOL
- You are Required to Obtain the Complete Published Financial Reports (Annual Report & Accounts) for an Organization: Accounting & Finance Coursework Assignment, SMU
- TLH307: In Many Cities, The Urban Environment has Only Recently been Re-Discovered as a Tourist Destination: Urban Tourism Assignment, UoS
- The Americans are Anxious. Six Months After an Initial Meeting, Osatech, the Renowned Japanese: Business Negotiations An International Perspective Assignment, SMU
- Steady-State Heat Conduction in a Region Indicates an Equilibrium Temperature: Partial Differential Equations Assignment, SMU
- Assume that You are Currently Working at One of the Top Investment Banks in Singapore: Finance Assignment, SIM
- LAW 0115: On 24 Mar 2020, the Government of Singapore Imposed a Ban on Social Gatherings of more than 10 People: Business Law Assignment, SIM