|Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP)
|HS2257: Pathophysiology & Pharmacology 1
Case Study 2:
Madam B, a 32-year-old woman, presents to the polyclinic with complaints of recurrent yeast infections, increased thirst, and urinary frequency. She has no previously known medical conditions. Her family history is unknown as she was adopted. On physical examination, her blood pressure is 141/90 mmHg, her pulse is 69 beats per min, and her respiratory rate is 15 breaths per min. Her body mass index (BMI) is 30. There is darkened skin that appears to be
thickened on the back of her neck. Her pelvic examination reveals a thick, white, vaginal discharge. A wet preparation from the vaginal discharge confirms vaginal candidiasis. Her urinalysis is negative for leukocyte esterase, nitrites, protein, and glucose. A fasting blood test and a finger-prick test have been done to confirm the diagnosis of her presenting complaints.
a. What is the MOST likely diagnosis of Madam B’s condition (Please provide only ONE diagnosis and briefly justify your answer).
b. Based on the case study, discuss the etiology (or risk factors), pathogenesis, clinical features, and complications of the diagnosis given in question a.
c. Explain the pharmacotherapy for this diagnosis (include appropriate local drug examples, mechanisms of action, and adverse effects). Madam B is given 2 different oral medications for this diagnosis. 2 weeks later, she calls
the polyclinic and reports that she is experiencing profuse sweating, giddiness, nausea, and hand tremors now.
d. What is the MOST likely explanation for her current complaint? What advice(s) should be given to her?
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
hire excellent case study writing help on HS2257: Psychophysiology & Pharmacology 1 from Singapore assignment help. our specialists has completed the phd and master degree from renowned university. they are available 24 hours to serve you best quality answers on nursing assignment and psychology assignments at a reasonable price.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- MKTG2010: What is the overall level of satisfaction among festival attendees regarding various aspects such as events: Questionnaire Design and Sampling Plan Research Paper, NBS
- CSCI368: In a mobile roaming system, there are three entities: a mobile user U, its home server H: Network Security Assignment, UOW
- CSCI368: Alice and Bob are employees residing in two dispersed branches, D1 and D2, of the same company: Network Security Assignment, UOW
- CSCI368: Consider the following key exchange protocol which is a variant of the Diffie-Hellman protocol: Network Security Assignment, UOW
- Please state in the report if the HDPE plastic will be used for dry wall ceiling or suspended ceiling: Mechanical Engineering Research Paper, SIT
- Analyse what your personal qualities or characteristics are that can impede or enhance your ability: Counselling during Crisis Assignment, SUSS
- You work as a counselor in the new Crisis Intervention Centre in Mulberry. In response to the incident above: Counselling during Crisis Assignment, SUSS
- Examine FIVE (5) core strengths of the Milan Therapy Model by using case examples mentioned: Counselling of Family Tutor-Marked Assignment, SUSS
- HR9509: As member of a research group, you have been asked to choose a country and critically assess relevant issues: Global, Comparative and Cross-Cultural HRM Assignment, NU
- BM1988: Identify and explain any TWO (2) possible appraisal issues faced by the organization: Performance management Case Study, NYP