- This assessment is designed for students to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of Marketing Communications theories & concept by reviewing a real campaign and, with expertise, recognize the strengths and weaknesses of the campaign.
- Students are also expected to develop sound recommendations, with appropriate rationale, as to how the selected company or brand should move forward with its future campaigns.
- Pick a company or product that has been advertised very heavily here in Perth or in your home country across a range of media
- Provide a detailed background brief – what is the product or service, what is the customer need it fulfils, & a description of the customers it serves.
- Also, include what you believe the communications objectives to be based on your assessment of the campaign.
- Summarise the media being used as part of the campaign. This will include a discussion of the strengths & weaknesses of the media, critically present the ads(youtube URLs, screenshots, photos, verbatim descriptions of radio ads, etc) and describe what these ads have achieved
- Write a conclusion with recommendations on how to address the weaknesses or capitalize on the existing strength of the media.
- A penalty of 10% per day (to a maximum of 30% which is the total allocated for the assessment) will be applied for late submissions.