|University||Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS)|
|Subject||Safety Health and Environmental Management|
CLIENT CASE STUDY
Undertaking A Step Platform Safety Improvement Project
1. ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION
Over the last decade, Constructor Pte Ltd has more than 500 employees on the global scale and has achieved excellent record in safety certification and award such as International Organization for Standardization standard (ISO) 9001/ 14001/ 45001, Green and Gracious Builders Scheme (GGBS), Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (ROSPA) among others.
2. WORKPLACE STUDY
In the inspection debrief session after site inspection, the project manager suggested to formulate a task force team to explore and improve the makeshift platform for safe to use. He appointed me as a team leader and seek voluntary participation for those who wish to contribute to the course. He was referring to the observation during site walk (refer to figure 1 for illustration) Figure 1 and intended that I led the taskforce team to achieve the desire outcomes;
• Observe and identify makeshift step platform safety lapses.
• Explore improvement and assess study impact.
• Revisit, redesign and re-evaluate the improved step platform for effectiveness.
• Develop the Risk Assessments & Safe Work Procedure
3. THE AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
Aim is to successfully adopt an ergonomic, safer, and user-friendly step platform. Ultimately resulting in a sound work platform and end user satisfaction that can be showcase in the Annual WSH Innovation Award.
1. Form a taskforce team.
2. Review the platform design and explore area of improvement as highlighted by project manager.
3. Consult with professional engineer for redesign step platform.
4. Evaluate the effectiveness.
4. PROJECTED BARRIERS
This appears to be an additional workload which demand team member to chip in their effort and personal time. It also compelled them to take up roles like preparing the design, drawing, calculation of cost impact, consultation with professional and supervising the fabrication process. In addition, following are some other areas that contribute to project constraint,
• Changes in various processes timelines.
• Late material supplies.
• Impact of the adverse weather conditions.
• Team attending course to take up new skill set.
Most of these hiccups affect the team moral, I proposed an incentivize scheme to reward the team members upon project completion.
The taskforce team managed to redesign the step platform (refer to figure 2 work completion) and executed the finishing brilliantly according to project objectives.
Learning Outcome 1: Synthesize and demonstrate skills and competencies required for
successful integrated management.
Learning Outcome 2: Displays resourcefulness and initiative in tackling a variety of practical tasks in an occupational setting.
Learning Outcome 3: Examine the critical practical concerns that arise in carrying out a project within the workplace and synthesize the constraints that exist within such frameworks.
Learning outcome 4: Critically apply knowledge about the practical application and synthesize the different abilities required to implement the chosen client-based tasks.
Are you frustrated with lower rank in your Safety, Health and Environmental Management Assignment? then no need to take stress. At Singapore Assignment Help we have a diligent team of experts who have great ability to provide remarkable homework solution on safety management Assignment. Our experts round the clock to serve accurate answers of each and every assignment at discounted price.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- Jacob Comes Across Much Interesting Credit Card Offers on the RZN Bank’s Facebook Page: Law Report, NUS
- Based on Enabling Masterplans, the Ministry of Education Had Partnered with SPED Schools to Raise the Quality of Curriculum: Master of Education Assignment, NTU
- SPE209: Name two (2) Disorders Mentioned in the Article and describe their Characteristics. Characteristics to be Retrieved From Article and References to Support: Special Needs in the Early Years Assignment, SUSS
- The COVID-19 Pandemic has Curbed air Travel and Reduced the Load Factors for Many Airlines: Aviation Legislation And Human Factors Essay, TP
- LOG302: Prepare a short Essay on the Contributions of Supply Chain Control Tower in the Logistics Industry: Supply Chain Information Management And Technology Essay, SUSS
- SDE105: Singapore Emphasises the Pursuit of life-long Learning for all its Citizens, Young and Old: Academic Writing Essay, SUSS
- BPM303: Advanced Property Investment Group (API) is an Overseas Property Investment Company and Based in the USA: Project Development and Finance Assignment, SUSS
- After Having Viewed the Video Clips and Worked Through the Extended Reading, Please Respond to the Below Discussion Prompt: Strategic Sales Management Assignment, HU
- Select the Dataset(s) of your Choice You can use Data from Your Workplace, Create your own or Consider Getting Data: Specialist Diploma in Applied Artificial Intelligence Coursework, RP
- MNGT3002: You are a consultant engaged to analyse and assess the organisation’s current KM capacity: Knowledge Management Report, UoN