|University||Dimensions International College (DIC)|
|Subject||BM5003: Global Business Environment|
The module introduces current patterns and structure of the hospitality industry. It also examines the recent development of the industry and explores the potential trends and development in the fast-changing commercial world.
Module Learning Outcomes
LO1 Identify the Objective and functions of Organization.
LO2 Select and apply appropriate analytical tools to evaluate external business environment of a selected Organization.
LO3 Using relevant theories, assess the state of competition and the attractiveness of an industry in Singapore.
LO4 Evaluate the impact of the global business environment.
Business Outlook of Tung Lok Restaurants (2000) Ltd
As of 31 March 2020, the Group operates a total of 44 outlets. These comprise 26 outlets we directly own, 7 held by our associates and 11 others under license/franchise. These restaurants are spread across Singapore, Indonesia, Japan, China, Vietnam, Cambodia and Taiwan.
The ongoing Covid-19 pandemic has added unprecedented complexity to the
Group’s businesses which underscores the depth of the challenges for consumer facing businesses like us.
As the state of the virus outbreak remains fluid in Singapore and overseas in regard to the length of time of disruption as well as the depth of economic impact, the Group will continue to closely monitor the situation and respond accordingly.
At this time, the Group is unable to ascertain the eventual financial impact that the Covid-19 pandemic disruption will have on its performance for the financial year ending 31 March 2021.
But we are fortunate to receive the support of various stakeholders such as the Singapore Government which helps to cushion the impact through various support measures including the Jobs Support Scheme, foreign worker levy rebate and waiver of foreign worker levy, as well as our landlords who have been supportive in granting short-term rental rebates to our existing outlets operating in their premises.
The Group will continue to monitor the evolving situation of the Covid-19 pandemic and shall adjust and react proactively with appropriate countermeasures. We have recently secured S$5.5 million in credit facilities from a bank to boost our liquidity in the event that the pandemic was to prolong longer than expected.
Imagine you are the business development manager of the Tung Lok Restaurants (2000) Ltd. (or select another organization if you preferred), and you are required to study its business environment.
Based on your study, write a report for not more than 2,500 words covering the following tasks:
a) Discuss FOUR types of organizations, and identify the type of organization that is provided in the case, or the organization that have selected.
b) Illustrate the Organizational Chart of the Tung Lok Restaurant Ltd., or organization that you have selected, and demonstrate how the different departmental functions of the organization coordinate to meet the business objectives.
2. Using PESTLE framework, evaluate the external environmental factors that impact the business of Tung Lok Restaurant Ltd., or the selected organization of your choice.
3. Explain how you could apply Porter’s Five Forces Model to evaluate the state of competition of the industry where the Tung Lok Restaurant Ltd, or your selected organization operates.
4. Critically discuss the impact of globalization on your selected organization.
Buy Custom Answer of This Assessment & Raise Your Grades
Students who need top assignment writer SG on BM5003: Global Business Environment assignment then consult the expert of Singapore Assignment Help. Our writers are highly educated to provide the business management assignment help and international business assignment help etc. more at a cheap price.
Looking for Plagiarism free Answers for your college/ university Assignments.
- critique the law (the instrument) and makes recommendations to the team in the harmonization project on how the reformation of that law could be useful: Transnational Commercial Law Report
- Persuading Singaporeans to support Singapore’s present defence policy is becoming increasingly challenging: Military Studies Minor Essay, SUSS
- S3709C: propose a training regime to achieve the client’s goal(s) Maurice is a 40-year-old foreign exchange trader: Fitness and Conditioning Coursework, RP
- Your manager has reviewed and satisfied with your engineering services delivering plan: Unit 35: Professional Engineering Management Report
- CSCI361: you are to design and implement (t, n) Shamir’s secret sharing scheme as described in the lecture in C++, Java or Python: Cryptography and Secure Applications Assignment, UOW
- BME215e: The ongoing global pandemic of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infections is causing deaths daily: Clinical Trials Report, SUSS
- HBC201: Studies have suggested that people suffering from depressive disorders tend to seek support from their families: Research Methods for the Social and Behavioural Sciences Assignment, SUSS
- HRM263: The Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic is caused by a highly infectious virus that could have severe health consequences: Team Dynamics Assignment, SUSS
- OMGT2228: A well-known commercial bank in Australia is interested in estimating the number of new bank account opened by customers in each year: OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT Assignment, RMIT
- HCM551: The CHRO has recently attended a conference – “The Future of Work after Covid” and “Total Rewards Management in the New Normal: Human Capital Management in the New Normal Assignment, SUSS